On-line goat education

()relics

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I'm sure most of you have heard/read/taken this course...But if not here is the link...I took it over the course of a week, several months ago, and learned alot of new things and brushed up on some "old facts" ....Anyway for those that haven't...

http://www2.luresext.edu/goats/training/qa.html

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
Wow! That site contains a LOT of detailed information, and it looks like it is all free unless you want to take the tests, then it is only $25. Marking it in my favorites!

A week is quick..... I'm impressed! I just clicked on one subject and saw 31 learning objectives.....

()relics

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Ok maybe give or take a week...All the sections have a pretest that you take before the actual chapter starts. If you get an 85%(?) on the pretest you don't have to take the post test. I "passed" alot of the pretests but still read all the chapters....Yeah FREE is good. I got the certification in the mail and I'm listed as a certified producer...BIG DEAL...I would say this course was well worth the time I spent on it...I did all the electives too....I refer back to the site for Information that I feel is better than most of the other "on-line fact filled web sites"...seeing most of them cater to their own agendas....Oops...that was JMO.

FM...it is all free...The only thing you pay for is the certificate that they send you in the mail....You can use all the information take all the tests whatever you like FOR FREE...After you complete the entire course they ask if you want the certificate...If so; they then collect the $25...all the info and test are completely free...I link back to the site from my desktop.

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
Cool, the tests are free? I love tests! (Yes, I am a bit on the geek side..... )

mavrick

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Cool good material even better price

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
Come on now...you mean not EVERYTHING online about goat care is true?

*gasp*

J/K...But I know what you mean.
Some of them are too all about 'my way or the highway' when IMHO, you can never learn enough about these darn critters.

samplekasi

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Langston Is Awesome about 1 hour from my home they have all kids of workshops for next to nothing. and then there is goat day which is free for the entire family except for 10$ for the catered meal. Guess where I will be spending lots of time this spring!!

Marta

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
LOL just taken the pretest and I also got 85%....made me think ALOT
looks like it could be fun and I can get my own back on the ppls around
here that say they know better than the web education lol (long story)

Latest posts