On the wrong side of the street so in place of goats, I've got woodchucks!

Irmo

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I mentioned when looking for land on the outskirts of the city I really would like to raise a couple of goats, sheep and fowl. Money being what it was I found an urban acreage where I was cleared for honeybees and figured I'd do quail. To my surprise I discovered on the other side of the street it was okay to raise pigeons and people just farther down actually had goats! The township lines waver back and forth. I get better overall services and they get to raise animals but have weird water bills (and lead pipes). Perhaps a deal will be worked out in the future. For now, my herd are my honeybees as I get settled in... oh, and woodchuck in my garden last year. Maybe I can trade the woodchuck family for a Merino sheep or three in someday, but not quite yet.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bees are "herds" too! Welcome to the forum, glad you joined. I lurked a long time, finally joined and it was 5 years later before I got my sheep. It have me plenty of time to study, ask questions and figure out what I wanted.

Longhornbreeder101

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I mentioned when looking for land on the outskirts of the city I really would like to raise a couple of goats, sheep and fowl. Money being what it was I found an urban acreage where I was cleared for honeybees and figured I'd do quail. To my surprise I discovered on the other side of the street it was okay to raise pigeons and people just farther down actually had goats! The township lines waver back and forth. I get better overall services and they get to raise animals but have weird water bills (and lead pipes). Perhaps a deal will be worked out in the future. For now, my herd are my honeybees as I get settled in... oh, and woodchuck in my garden last year. Maybe I can trade the woodchuck family for a Merino sheep or three in someday, but not quite yet.
Welcome from Texas the lone star stateeee!!

Latest posts