One Fine Acre - 2023 4H Steer Project Update

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
After further consideration, especially what Fullhousefarm said, we have revised our initial fencing plan. It's going to cost us more up front because we are running more, but it seems to make more sense. Putting a double gate facing the house in section 1 and section 2. That way we can get in with a tractor, truck or whatever.
Had a young helper today clearing the lines in the wooded area to run the fence. My old back is really killing me. . Does in 1 and bucks in 2. Of course, now my new neighbors will get to smell the bucks. I'm going to put their house as far away from them as possible, but their house is awfully close to the property line. Oh, well you live in the country.....

3728 Rosinburg Marked 2.jpg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Fence building! Sore muscles in places you didn't even know you had! :lol: When you are done you will be so proud! Soak in a hot tub.......

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
We've got a big weekend of moving ahead.
Seems my ready to go goat house isn't so ready to go.

goat house.jpg

The roof on it is that corrugated plastic or fiberglass stuff you can get from Lowes. Well, there was a hole I knew needed repair, but after looking at it closer I've got to tear the whole thing off. Going back with galvanized.

And very exciting news. Going to NC Promised Land in Kinston NC on Friday to pick up a 5 month old female Great Pyrenees.

Fullhousefarm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Good luck moving! We've gotten all our animals since we moved, but have had to do all our fencing and barn building. Fun, fun.

I'm currently planning our next goat pen. Just haven't told the chief fence- builder that yet. I won't need it until December... when babies start coming.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Don't forget to get the heat barrier to go under the tin before you put it on! I will make a big difference in the summer!

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
so happy for you. hope your weekend is sooo productive and you get all you can moved. watch out for the heat though, stay hydrated.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got the roof on.
Old roof in trailer
Old roof.jpg

New roof

roof 2.jpg

Got the pup. Breeder was calling her "Angel". Not sure how crazy I am about that name. "Trouble" seems to fit better.:)

GP 1.jpg

GP 2.jpg

GP 3.jpg

Thanks again to the Harrell's at NC Promised Land Farm.