One Fine Acre - 2023 4H Steer Project Update

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
The goats are wearing this cedar tree out :)

cedar.jpg

I don't know what these trees are, but the bark on it was delicious because they have killed them.

dead tree.jpg

Look what the goats uncovered. It was totally covered with vines. What makes folks pile up trash on their property? I've got a job when the weather turns cold.

trash.jpg

Of course everyone is going to climb on it now.

moonpie.jpg

Rosie on her tippie toes

rosie.jpg

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can relate to your trash haul. We were making 3-5 pickup load hauls to the dump every month when we first started renovating our place and that wasn't counting the neverending bonfire we have every time we go there. When we bought our tractor we made a front end loader the have to have item and it has been a back saver.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can relate to your trash haul. We were making 3-5 pickup load hauls to the dump every month when we first started renovating our place and that wasn't counting the neverending bonfire we have every time we go there. When we bought our tractor we made a front end loader the have to have item and it has been a back saver.

A lot of it is wood, so we will definitely have some bonfires this winter. :thumbsup

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Trashy people trash up their own place. :somad You will get it all cleaned up, it already looks good, you will just make it even better! :thumbsup

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looks amazing! Looks like the goaties are having a blast..er...cleaning it up for you ;)

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ok so the goats have been abusing the brand new fence. You all know how they love to rub their bodies down it which stretches the fence. I knew I needed to run a hot wire to keep them off of it, but couldn't find the time. Well, got rutting bucks and does in heat now, so Sunday I jumped on it.

Got the high traffic areas first, probably ran about 800 ft so far. Pretty easy when you already have the wooden post in place
fence 1.jpg

fence 2.jpg

fence 3.jpg

Said you needed to install energizer inside a building or in a weather proof enclosure. This will do for now.

fence 4.jpg

Its working quite well. Goats have learned very quickly. All of the dogs have gotten it at least twice. Rachel and I have both gotten zapped too.

Latest posts