One Fine Acre - 2023 4H Steer Project Update

Bayleaf Meadows

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well, Easter can be celebrated wherever you are, but I know that the beautiful traditions and prayers that our community participate in would be hard to fit in along with an out of state competition. I try to get to services for Holy Thursday and Good Friday as well, and bake Pascha bread and bring a traditional Easter basket (with ham and cheese, eggs, butter, and such) to share in the agape feast after matins and Liturgy. It's certainly not everyone's way to mark the resurrection of Jesus, and there are plenty of people that wouldn't have any conflict with a show on Easter Sunday. At the same time, I'm probably not the only one who might have a difficulty with that schedule and maybe more people would show if the competition were on a different weekend. Just a thought.
Christ is risen! Alleluia!

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
FullSizeR_resized.jpg

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Took these pictures of Eclipse's udder yesterday. She had only been separated from her kids for about 8-9 hours, so not even a 12 hour fill. Really can't wait to see her udder completely filled. Shea is her Dam and Zeus is her sire (Zamia x Rocky).
Her general appearance is very similar to Clarabelle. Biggest negative about Eclipse is her rump could be wider. Which is weird because Shea's is really wide.
Really good medial and good teat placement.
IMG_1828_resized.jpg

IMG_1823_resized.jpg

IMG_1821_resized.jpg

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Do you still savor the smell when you are around someone smoking? I didn't think about it one way or another till I hit about 18 months and I literally would hold my breath when I got that smell and now I come close to gagging. You are doing great!!!

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Do you still savor the smell when you are around someone smoking? I didn't think about it one way or another till I hit about 18 months and I literally would hold my breath when I got that smell and now I come close to gagging. You are doing great!!!

Yes I still enjoy the smell. I can usually catch a wiff outside of the Walmart.
The cravings have finally subsided some. They aren't nearly as intense when I have them. My weight has stabilized ( I've stopped gaining). Need to work on losing a few lbs now.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Climate Control had buck-doe twins this morning.
Maurine had taken Rachel to school and I was assisting with delivery at 8:20 and I had an important conference call to join at 8:30. But, it all worked out fine. :)
They sure are dark when they are born.

Karisma is in the stall right beside her and is due next.

20190510_095231.jpg

Last edited: