One Fine Acre - 2023 4H Steer Project Update

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am very sorry for your loss.:hit I had hoped that maybe she would be able to come back for you when she started to drink and eat. There are no words anyone can say to make the loss easier. And everyone on here who has had an LGD understands that special bond you had with yours, and the incomparable job that they did for you taking care of your (THEIR) livestock. :hugs

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
We sold some goats this past weekend which will help with some vet bills.
Maurine drove 3 hours yesterday afternoon to meet someone who got a buck from us.
A lady who has several of our goats got a buckling. This lady has the goat bug bad. She told me yesterday she has 14. She got her buckling and asked what else we had for sale. Maurine told her about a package of 4 that a family that was interested in showing was considering, but had not got them yet. So, the lady asked us how long we were going to give them. So, after she left she sent me a text message asking how much if she took all 4 of them and could she get them next weekend. I told you sure can. The other folks now officially have a week. What's the saying, fish or cut bait?

And, this was kind of surprising. One of the farms we show with that raise Oberhasli's were asking us questions about our goats at the last show. I seem to recall in the past them making fun of our little goats. Well, they bought 4 does from us. We sold them:

Genevieve (Clarablelle x Valiant),
Un-named yearling (Genevieve x Fortunate Son
Milky Way (Chocolate Kiss x Jumping Jupiter)
Snow Cap ( Milky Way x Fortunate Son)

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congrats on the sales. Always a nice feeling knowing they are going to great homes.

So why did they decide to venture into Nigerians?

The other folks now officially have a week.
You are gracious. I don't give anyone that long. If the goat is available, whoever sends a PayPal deposit first gets the goat. I've learned my lesson. :old As long as I know the people are good anyway, I have some I just won't sell to.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congrats on the sales. Always a nice feeling knowing they are going to great homes.

So why did they decide to venture into Nigerians?

You are gracious. I don't give anyone that long. If the goat is available, whoever sends a PayPal deposit first gets the goat. I've learned my lesson. :old As long as I know the people are good anyway, I have some I just won't sell to.
I think they wanted some different colors :)
Obs are boring
And some goats that are easy keepers.