One Fine Acre - 2023 4H Steer Project Update

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congrats on all the kids! Sounds like Maurine did a great job saving the doe and her kids. Sorry about the DOA :(
Love the itty bitty. Glad she is growing and getting stronger- she is so little!

(I may have missed this) Have all the young mothers kidded? Did you have to take them to the vet school like you were thinking?

I love the stall pics. I wish more people had the same mindset. That's how it is. You do what needs done :thumbsup

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congrats on all the kids! Sounds like Maurine did a great job saving the doe and her kids. Sorry about the DOA :(
Love the itty bitty. Glad she is growing and getting stronger- she is so little!

(I may have missed this) Have all the young mothers kidded? Did you have to take them to the vet school like you were thinking?

I love the stall pics. I wish more people had the same mindset. That's how it is. You do what needs done :thumbsup
All of the teen mothers kidded
Gwen the last was the only one that had an issue and not sure how much her size had to do with it
No we didn't take to Vet school, couldn't swing it but all turned out ok

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
I thought they kidded. Couldn't remember.

The BYH site has been having issues and doesn't always load. I haven't been able to to read everything and am now just starting to catch up.

Glad all the does got through kidding okay.

On another note- Red Hot (Isaac/Ruth) is looking really good. She keeps getting better and better. She is due in June as a yearling milker and has the most adorable udder. I think I'm going to repeat this breeding in the fall! I need to send you some pics.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
House goat thinks she found her mommy
20180411_181640.jpg

20180411_181634.jpg

20180411_181618.jpg

Last edited:

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Shea had twin bucks today
Someone will have to help me but I think we are negative on buck to doe ratio now.
We haven't weighed them yet but they are huge
Both over 4 lbs
A shame her last doe kid Eclipse is beautiful
Her udder capacity has increased exponentially
Which is good because she won her age group at last State Fair with a lot of really nice animals
She has a really wide rump
FB_IMG_1508769930758.jpg