One Fine Acre - 2023 4H Steer Project Update

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Um, shouldn't Mt. Olive be the OLIVE capital of the world? They should rename it to Mt. Pickle. I've never heard of Mt. Olive pickles BTW.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Um, shouldn't Mt. Olive be the OLIVE capital of the world? They should rename it to Mt. Pickle. I've never heard of Mt. Olive pickles BTW.
I don't know what to tell you Bruce
I didn't name the town and we don't grow olives in NC
Must be a Southern thing the Mt Olive pickles
I'm sure if you would just Google it you would find they make a lot of pickles there

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mt._Olive_Pickle_Company

Let me save you a few clicks
Its the largest pickle company in the US
Jeez haven't you heard of Wikipedia or are you just lazy ?
I trust there was supposed to be a ;) with that.

OK, I looked at the Wikipedia entry:
" Mt. Olive is the largest independent pickle company in the United States and top-selling pickle brand in the Southeastern United States, where its market share approaches 70 percent.[1][2]"

Note the word "independent". I'm not sure they can claim to be the pickle capital of the entire world ;) I personally like Claussens but since I've never seen a Mt. Olive pickle, I can't make a comparison. Should I ever be in the south, I'll try to remember to give them a try. I better not like them though, since they can't be had up here.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
I trust there was supposed to be a ;) with that.

OK, I looked at the Wikipedia entry:
" Mt. Olive is the largest independent pickle company in the United States and top-selling pickle brand in the Southeastern United States, where its market share approaches 70 percent.[1][2]"

Note the word "independent". I'm not sure they can claim to be the pickle capital of the entire world ;) I personally like Claussens but since I've never seen a Mt. Olive pickle, I can't make a comparison. Should I ever be in the south, I'll try to remember to give them a try. I better not like them though, since they can't be had up here.
Do you have nothing better to do
I was just telling about selling some goats and who bought them

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just a bit of trivia..A town near me, Corning, gets to be the table olive capital of the US and is the second largest table olive producer in the world...home to Lindsay olives.

I have only had milk from one Togg...mine...and it was horrid. Unfortunately the goat died so I couldn't find out if it was a seasonal or food based as I didn't have her long enough. I have not tasted the milk from the one I have now, it just goes into the bulk tank, but good to know that they aren't all bad.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
20171019_081741.jpg

Good luck boys