One Fine Acre - 2023 4H Steer Project Update

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think that half my herd is in heat and I have bucklings jumping 4' fences. Thank goodness for Lute, hot wire is going up tomorrow. I have never had this many bucks be unruly, but then I have never had this many bucks... I have 10 of them right now.

Do you think heat affects production? Is she going back to your friend to be bred?

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think that half my herd is in heat and I have bucklings jumping 4' fences. Thank goodness for Lute, hot wire is going up tomorrow. I have never had this many bucks be unruly, but then I have never had this many bucks... I have 10 of them right now.

Do you think heat affects production? Is she going back to your friend to be bred?

I think her afternoon milking was off because she was coming into heat. Maurine said her udder texture was different.

We had planned to take them back to our friends to breed this time, but it didn't work out.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Are you excited about the Rowan Co Fair?
I am clipping goats later today. The cold past two days and rain made it impossible. I am way behind now.

GW did all the paperwork for NC State Fair. UGH!
:weee:weee:weee

Excited? Ahhh. I don't know.
Maurine has the Farmers Market Saturday.
Rachel is going to stay with me though.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is great you will have Rachel this time.
GW you know will help you too. & Little Bit for the "extras".

We still have 9 goats to clip. Hooves on all. 16 goats. :hit:hit:hit :th

One set of clippers broke. All this to do with ONE set of clippers. Again.. :hit:hit:hit