One Fine Acre - 2023 4H Steer Project Update

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
When I picked up trailer my father in law informed me had taken 3 steers to the slaughter house this morning and had not cleaned the trailer
Now he confines his for 90 days and feeds them corn
I think you know where I'm going here
Been washing out cow poop for 3 hours now
It was on the walls :sick

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Splatter is probably the closest description but I'm not sure it really does it justice ;)

Last edited:

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
The exhibitors have a covered dish supper Friday night
Maurine always makes beef stroganoff
Rachel and I are making two homemade apple pies:thumbsup

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good luck at the fair/show. This is a late one for sure. There is a popular goat show out here in the mountains in Sept. They call it the "Fuzzy Goat Show" as no one does a show clip that late in the year; I think it is great that you are taking care to keep the ladies warm. :)

The cow not getting out of the trailer. :lol: smart cow.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Rachel's Apple Pies. These are made from scratch.
Have any of you ever watched the show "Chopped" on the cooking channel? It's a cooking contest. Well, there is a Kids version of it. Rachel made a video of making apple pies to submit to be a contestant on the show. :)
She is quite the chef

Apple Pies.jpg

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm at home, and going to sleep in my bed tonight. We live 30 minutes from the State Fairgrounds. We have animals to take care of so, somebody had to do it and I volunteered.:)

Here is where Rachel and Maurine are sleeping tonight. Its not too cold tonight it's in the 40's and they have an electric blanket.

And, Nigerians are next to last, so I don't even have to get up early.

Tent.jpg

Display and Tent.jpg

The people who bought goats from us that we let use Fortunato to breed with made this for us as a way of saying thank you. They are so nice. She even came out to the fair grounds and set it up for us. I think it turned out great. :thumbsup

Display.jpg

So, hopefully we will get to take some money shots this weekend. :fl

Sign.jpg

So, we had a nice cover dish supper for the exhibitors.

Cover Dish.jpg

And then Rachel did youth showmanship. She is showing Cocoa. Cocoa is the best in the ring, walks good holds her head up, what you want for showmanship. And, while she isn't our best animal overall, she may be the best (or at least she is one of the best) in general appearance and dairy strength.

Rachel Showmanship.jpg

Rachel Showmanship 2.jpg

Last edited: