Opps. goofed on dose of goat care 2x

alsea1

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I believe now that I underdosed my goats with goat care 2x. I gave it the 29th. Would there be any harm in doing it again with the correct dose?

Also I read and read the label but nowhere does it say if it is okay for preg. goats.

Renegade

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
In my experience the drug in this product is ineffective. You could double the dose and feed it every day (not recommending this) and most worms will unfortunately survive. Have you done a fecal to see what worms you're dealing with?

Donna

alsea1

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I am not sure how to go about doing a fecal or what to look for. I do not have access to a microscope or anything.

I just figured it was a sure bet they are carrying a worm load because I keep them on a small acreage.

WhiteMountainsRanch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Have you done a fecal to see exactly what you are dealing with?

Once you know you can determine the best medicine to use; most deworming medicine only kills certain types of worms not all types.

Do you know what you have are trying to kill?

You can take a bit of fresh poop to the vets office and they will do a fecal for you.

alsea1

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
At this time I cannot rack up more vet bills. Had a bad spell with the dog and I'm paying that down.

alsea1

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
okay. Found some info on Fios Goat site on fecal samples.
They even had some photos of what to look for. So, lol, Tuesday I will sneak into work and take a look at my samples on work microscope. Just hope I don't get busted looking at goat poop at work.
This goat/sheep keeping is getting complicated.

Latest posts