Oregon

TheSheepGirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I'm sitting around all lonely here in Oregon. Is there anyone elso from around my way here on this site or am I just here in lonely old Oregon.

It's so fun to know where everyone is.

FYI, i don't think California counts since there are like a bagillion people who live in Cali.

Given that last thing maybe i'm not quite so alone here, but still.

I just thought it would be cool to know if there are any other oregonians around.

Emmetts Dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
No sorry...Im on the opposite coast...New Hampshire...Just follow a straight line across the country...and here I am!!! :frow

I think Im the only one from New Hampshire here too!! :idunno

My brother lives in Washington...Nice area. We visit when we can find a sitter for the farm. We always end up heading down the coast of Oregon and heading to Bend. We spent alot of time in Oregon..more than Washington when we visit. Beautiful state.

TheSheepGirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
At least you actually know about oregon. I've even had someone ask me where it was.

If you've driven dow the coast to Bend, then you've driven past me. I live in Coos Bay. It's righ on 101, so you've been through there if that's the way you went.

Maybe we could form some club for the loner states with like no members. LOL.

savingdogs

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I'm not from Oregon, but we live CLOSE, we are in SW Washington, just over the bridge from Portland. So I know where you are!
Oregon is NICE and Coos Bay awesome.

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I lived in Portland for 6 years before moving here to Kentucky. I graduated from Portland State. Does that count?

Loved Oregon, wonderful place. Too expensive and no jobs for a Manufacturing Engineer like me.

TheSheepGirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I guess it counts that you lived here and that you graduated from Portland State. Once an Oregonian always an Oregonian. I've been to Louisville before for the national poultry juding competition.

SW Washington is pretty close. What city do you live in. I go to a poultry show every year in a town right across the bridge of the gods.

Coos Bay is awsome. I love it here. Fresh seafood is the bomb. Crab you caught yourself is way good. We also have fresh salmon and really mild weather. Almost any vegitable with the acception of tomatoes and corn will grow here. Fall and winter lambs and kids are also easy to handle hear.

I'm so stoked that people actually know where coos Bay is. No one ever does.

My dad has been having trouble with his carpentry job, but there are lots of animal jobs around here, so I'm happy.

savingdogs

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I'm not too far from the Bridge of the Gods as the crow flies, but by roads that is an hour from here. Isn't that an awesome bridge? We love driving over it. Oregon is a beautiful state and I have a big interest in the Oregon Trail history.

We are in Clark county, the northeastern part of the county, near Lake Merwin (yes, and Mt. Saint Helen's). We probably have much the same climate, you probably have more coastal influence is all.

GoatFaerie

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I'm outside of Portland and going to be getting kinder goats in the spring. Seems like there would be more of us Oregonians here though... Hmm.