Oregon

finns&fjords

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hello fellow Oregonians! I'm new to BYH and glad to see an Oregon thread here. I live near Molalla with my family and various critters, including some sheep.

elloyd

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
hellow i am in cottage grove oregon i will be geting to newbian does in the next couple weeks they are both going to have babys and i am so nervious we have never had goats just chickens dogs cats and g-pigs and will be on here geting all the info i can get being new at this. so that said i just wanted to say hello to everyone

finns&fjords

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
elloyd said:
hellow i am in cottage grove oregon i will be geting to newbian does in the next couple weeks they are both going to have babys and i am so nervious we have never had goats just chickens dogs cats and g-pigs and will be on here geting all the info i can get being new at this. so that said i just wanted to say hello to everyone
How exciting! Babies are so fun. This seems like a great place for getting info/help. Have the does had babies before?

elloyd

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
i believe they have had babys before i think this will be there second set of babys if i remember correct the lady said they had had babys before i dont wven know what to feed them this is all new to me i have never had goats before so i dont know what to feed them while thay are pg and how musch to feed them then after the babys are born how long do i leave them with momma and how much food do i feed momma to keep up her milk supply . see i am really new to this and have so much going through my head:hide

GoatFaerie

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hello all! I'm trying to find Kinder Goats near by? I'm near Portland and am looking for a farm to purchase goats from in the spring :)

sunny

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hello oregonites. I'm in the coast range near Grand Ronde. I've raised goats for many years. I'm knid of retired now, down to 4 does and a team of pack goats.

Kinders...
http://www.kindergoatbreeders.com/area1.html

Would be nice to get to know everyone. Let me know if you're up for a small hike :) Jill

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hello oregonians, I live in Aurora Oregon. I am going to be talking to my husband and see if he will let me get some goats. If you live close to us, what do you have for goats (for sale)? We have two dogs, and soon to be two guinea pigs.

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
TheSheepGirl said:
I'm sitting around all lonely here in Oregon. Is there anyone elso from around my way here on this site or am I just here in lonely old Oregon.

It's so fun to know where everyone is.

FYI, i don't think California counts since there are like a bagillion people who live in Cali.

Given that last thing maybe i'm not quite so alone here, but still.

I just thought it would be cool to know if there are any other oregonians around.
Hello, I live in Aurora Or. It's neat to see how many of us live in Oregon and where.:D

Crittersnpets

Just born
Reaction score
Hello, I'm a long time goat lover and back into goats the last 5 years (showed in open and 4-h most of my childhood). Live mid-valley. Anyone know someone with some CAE/CL free LaMancha's they might need to sell a doe from, lol. BYC got me snuck over here, :p

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
GoatFaerie said:
I'm outside of Portland and going to be getting kinder goats in the spring. Seems like there would be more of us Oregonians here though... Hmm.
Kinder, really? Are you going to become a breeder? I am curious because I know of some people that are wanting some. Or, could I know where you are getting them? Thanks in advance.