Organic Beef Cattle

COUNTRYMAN

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
our angus cattle do very well here in VA 100% Certified Organic, the cattle as well as the hay grown here for the cattle as well their pasture. this is one of 4 spring breeding herds
199_233bull4.jpg

what breeds do you all raise?

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the picture CM!

I don't have any cattle of my own (yet...) but if I were to have a 100% grass-fed operation, I'd be going with Speckle Parks or Herefords.

GeeseRCool

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I don't have any but yours look very heallthy!

Royd Wood

Reaction score
Great pic Countryman and you have 4 breeding herds - Lucky you. I can see the bull is doing his job in the photo with his nose :lol: :lol:
We have a new Galloway herd of 5 Blacks 3 Belted and 2 Duns - also 100% pasture fed and they protect our sheep from coyotes.
Absolutely love em and will keep building the numbers up.

iowafarmlady

Just born
Reaction score
WildRoseBeef said:
Love the picture CM!

I don't have any cattle of my own (yet...) but if I were to have a 100% grass-fed operation, I'd be going with Speckle Parks or Herefords.
Yep, we've got the Herfords, just got them a few weeks ago.

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
NormaFay said:
I think black angus beef is the way to go.
:/ If you're saying that then why did you say this in the thread "Organic cow breeds:"

For me, the breed isn't as important as how a cow is raised and how my natural beef will taste. In the end, the most important thing is to get grass fed beef because the taste is better. Besides, it is better for the cow and better for you.
Yeah, we've all heard it all. Look, I'm not trying to offend you here but you really contradicted yourself. Either you posted in the wrong thread or got so far ahead of yourself that you've got blinders on that this La Cense Lazy-Eight ranch grass-fed beef is the best. There are other people and other ranches that probably raise just as good grass-finished beef as the Lazy Eight does that you're advocating on here.

As far as Angus is concerned, I think you need to check out a thread discussing about Angus beef. Because from where I'm sitting, Angus beef is not really the best. There are other breeds out there that are just as capable, if not better than the Angus breed at developing grass-finished beef. Check out the discussion on this here: http://www.backyardherds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=14743 And check out this Angus breed page: http://www.backyardherds.com/web/viewblog.php?id=236-angus-cattle on CAB.

Stubbornhillfarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
NormaFay, with all of your advertising on this forum for this particular company, I was surprised to see that you hadn't put a review on their web site. How long have you been a customer?