1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Guess the build... - Discussion thread.
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Our flock :)

Discussion in 'Me, My Herd, My Family' started by Granny Heeney, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Aug 28, 2018
    Granny Heeney

Granny Heeney Ridin' The Range

101_0003.JPG
    My original flock before several calamities including a skunk, a possum, a toxic millipede and a vicious roo culling. Dumpling, Scrambled, Leroy, Rotisserie and Poached.
    Leroy.JPG
    Leroy was gorgeous but violent to hens and people alike. :(
    mollie.jpg
    Mollie! :D
    molliecomb.jpg
    A close-up of her head when we were trying to figure out what she was; this wee fluff says part Legbar, the 5 toes say the other part is Silkie. The green egg the day after we got her was a pleasant surprise! :D
    mollieegg.jpg
    pulletpile.jpg
    A pile of pullets. :) Pearl is still with us but Opal (the smaller one) was never healthy. :(
    canIeatit.jpg
    "CAN I EAT IT?!" Still Pearl's favorite question.
    9volt.jpg
    9 Volt is a Old English Game Bantam rescue (this pic was taken the day after we got him). He has terribly curled toes and limps a bit, his beak was horribly overgrown (we are filing it gradually so the quick draws back) and he is a riot to have around. He is what my daughter calls the house mascot and generally holds court from the back of the couch. His crow is hysterical; I wish I knew how to film stuff on hubby's cell phone so y'all could hear it. I had him and Pearl outside in the playpen one afternoon ( a hula hoop fitted with rabbit wire) so they could get some sun and grass when my bestie's hubby heard him crow. "What the heck was that?!" "That was 9 Volt," my bestie replied, and they nearly collapsed in laughter. Gramps says his crow sounds like a toy running on a nearly dead 9 volt battery, and it stuck. ;)

2. Aug 29, 2018
    RollingAcres

RollingAcres True BYH Addict

Nice looking flock!

Granny Heeney likes this.