Our Infant Son Has Brain Cancer- HOME AGAIN!!!

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
:hugs I know it's not enough, but your family is in my thoughts and prayers. I wish that I could do more for you. Please don't be hard on yourself. Give your son a hug and hold him tight and tell him that you love him and never miss that opportunity to do just that. :hugs

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
You are a wonderful, thoughtful, and wise parent. Every decision you have made has been the right decision and your advocating for your son and his treatment is admirable. :hugs

alsea1

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Try not to beat yourself up about this.
As parents we do the best we can for our kids.
It sounds like you need to get some counceling to help you get thru this. Please don't wait.
I would highly suggest finding a support group that is or has gone thru this situation.
My heart goes out to you.

ThreeBoysChicks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
alsea1 said:
Try not to beat yourself up about this.
As parents we do the best we can for our kids.
It sounds like you need to get some counceling to help you get thru this. Please don't wait.
I would highly suggest finding a support group that is or has gone thru this situation.
My heart goes out to you.
This is a very good idea. You need to hear from others that have been or are in your situation.

redtailgal

Reaction score
aww, hun. Your in such pain right now. I'm so sorry. I cant even begin to imagine.

We shall double our efforts at prayer for Spencer and FOR YOU.

I'd hug you if I could. go have a good long cry, have a chat with God and then Try to sleep a little. Your exhausted.

Bedste

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Are you members of a local Church? If so please let them know what is going on. You are not alone. This is the hardest thing in the world. It is not your fault. None of this is your fault. Your little Spencer needs his mommy and you are there for him. Just do that and get as much rest as you can. God knows and HE hears you. You are not alone.

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
Any choices you've made have been made with a mother's love and hope. YOU ARE NOT WRONG. You did the best you cuold w/ the info you had, w/ his best interests at heart.

:hugs

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Praying and hugs! Prayers for the doctors to so they can give you straight answers so you are able to make educated decisions.

pridegoethb4thefall

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Quick update....

Spencer came home with us last night! He is MUCH happier here at home. Now we just have to clean his neck wound, and keep his heart catheter flushed, watch for infection or fever, and make sure he gets his medications on time.

Docs wanna start chemo next Tuesday....We are still on the fence about it. Might put it off till later that week since my hubby will be in Chicago until Tuesday night, and I will not be starting his chemo without my hubby there to hold my hand as Spencer goes through it.

And I did contact st.judes, but they need a referral from his primary care physician, and she refused to call them!!! Sheesh, what is the problem with wanting options and second opinions??

Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement, they are just what I need to hear. I cry out to God so often.... I know I am heard, I just don't know what his answer will be. I know it kills me to see my baby unable to move his limbs, to see him cry in frustration and pain. I don't know how I will be able to stand to take him to chemo and purposely make him sick in the name of getting him "better".

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you for posting an update :hugs Have been praying hard, and you are right...our prayers are heard, we just hope we get the answer we want nor do we know the big plan :hugs

I'm not a doctor...but I have heard many times how chemo has saved little ones...it is rough...but the best they have. All your decisions and your hubby's are made with love...ask for guidance and take quiet time for yourself. It is very hard to be "still" and wait for guidance when you are distraught...but if you can manage that I believe you will know what decisions are right for your little sweetheart. :hugs