Our LGD's

Do you have an LGD?

• No, They are too furstrating

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Reminds me of our shadow(AussieXborder collie), he barks at everything and anything that moves(besides the animals). He knows the animals personal bubbl and is good at leaving them alone. He isn't a LGD but he barks so much he might as well be :lol:
image.jpeg

samssimonsays

Milo & Me Hoppy Tail Acres
Reaction score
somewhere in the Northern region of Minnesota
I love her blue merle coloring. I wish Great Pyrenees came in blue merle!
Hahaha all but two of her pups when crossed to rumely were blue merle..... Well.... Sadie was black with blue instead of blue with black. It was crazy how strong her merle was! She comes from a long line of NO merle /merle breedings even which is even more outstanding. When looking for a blue merle I was sure to watch for litters that were not fully merle in it due to the double merle gene. Many people (it really makes me sick) do it because the merle are more expensive and considered a "fancy" color which is more sought after. They don't care that it creates blind, deaf or both puppies. Even worse are the ones who only life painful horrible lives for a very short time before they pass away or are put down as day old pups. Awful. I was very thankful to have found an amazing breeder who raised her collies and they do act as her livestock protection. Stella's dad lives with the goats with one female. Another female lives with the chickens and Stella's mom was the "house pet" who was her first collie and was very bonded to the kids and her. Stella is so much like cuddles, her mother, it is scary. She's more vocal and sassy of course but her love, devotion, caring and demeanor is identical. Stella was raised in a litter of 11 puppies with an adopted kitten that her mother nursed as well. Totally her choice. I find that beautiful and touching. There was a reason I waited four years to get a pup from that pairing and was blessed with being able to get one of her last pups.

samssimonsays

Reaction score
I had a rough coated collie when I was a kid but she was a disaster! Stella sounds like a lovely dog!
I had one growing up who was so over protective she would have killed our chickens if she got the chance. And my rabbits as well. I made it a point to have the pups out with the rabbits early on to expose them to them. That has seemed to help but we had the small animals like my rabbits and a squirrel before the dogs where as our first collie we did not, we got them later .

samssimonsays

Reaction score
Reminds me of our shadow(AussieXborder collie), he barks at everything and anything that moves(besides the animals). He knows the animals personal bubbl and is good at leaving them alone. He isn't a LGD but he barks so much he might as well be :lol:
View attachment 25150
Hahaha love it!

Latest posts