Our new adventure has arrived

Sweetened

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today, we welcomed the arrival of 14 year old Dexter, Donna, and her week old red heifer calf who we named Star (after the farm she came from). Donna is a HEAVY producer with an udder like a jersey. We are giving her a couple days to settle in before we persue handling her too much. She is highly protective of that baby so is uneasy of her new surroundings. She did take a tongue full of grain from a bucket before deciding she wasnt quite ready and backing off.

This old girl is in gorgeous body condition and im sure has several more good years left in her, and a few great chances for another lovely heifer.

IMG_3028 (1024x684).jpg

IMG_3030 (683x1024).jpg

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congrats!

I don't know anything about cattle but they are pretty :)

Hope everything goes smooth with them :hugs

Greenvale

Herd lurker
Reaction score
Today, we welcomed the arrival of 14 year old Dexter, Donna, and her week old red heifer calf who we named Star (after the farm she came from). Donna is a HEAVY producer with an udder like a jersey. We are giving her a couple days to settle in before we persue handling her too much. She is highly protective of that baby so is uneasy of her new surroundings. She did take a tongue full of grain from a bucket before deciding she wasnt quite ready and backing off.

This old girl is in gorgeous body condition and im sure has several more good years left in her, and a few great chances for another lovely heifer.

View attachment 8773
View attachment 8774
Congrats. That calf is adorable!

Onyx

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Oh how sweet! I wish I could have a cow but I don't have enough land. Maybe some day...

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congrats! That is quite an udder she has. Can she be hand-milked? Just wondering if all that milk is going to the baby or if she's going to share some with you. :)

goats&moregoats

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Congrats!! Awesome momma & baby. With an utter like that I am sure there is enough production going on for baby and yourself. Good luck with your new endeavor.

Latest posts