Our Own Mini Rabies Clinic!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
A bunch of the dogs Rabies expired yesterday. Vet was scheduled to come but we had terrible storms and no way we were running dogs in and out of fields with all that lightening!
So this evening vet came and gave the rabies vaccines.

@Latestarter - Mel's rabies expired yesterday ;)

Anyway all went well except.... Chunk. Got him done but it was tricky. I offered to take him offsite to another vet. The vet got to see that the dogs are great OUT of their field ('cept Chunk). Several tried to jump up in the car... guess they thought they were going for a ride. :rolleyes:

Wish the rest of the dogs were on the same schedule. Oh well.

It was kinda funny- we had 2 runners, 1 gate opener, 2 holders. :D
Every dog that was brought up tried to run to the house- they all thought they were getting "special" time. Poor babies... no house time, no refrigerator trip, just a poke in the ^&%^&... and back to their field.

Two dogs leaving in the next month, and One more dog we are "lending" to a friend temporarily.

Getting the puppy itch :hide

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is so funny!! A poke in the %$# and no trip to the house!! :lol: Poor puppy dogs!

Reactions: TAH

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
:yuckyuck Yeah... "poor puppies" :lol::gig Every pup should be abused like Southern's are!! :love They have excellent jobs with lots of goats to bond, love, and look after, as well as a huge family of humans to give them love and attention and care. I want to be one of her LGD's if I come back in another "life"! Glad to hear that a couple more are being placed, I know the new owners will be thrilled with their acquisition. I know of course that you'll be torn up to see them go... :hit:hugs

Thanks for the heads up @Southern by choice . I've been derelict and hadn't even checked... I thought the rabies was good for 3 or 5 years. I better get him in for a general check up anyway and started on heart worm meds again.

Ummmm did I read right?
Getting the puppy itch :hide
SCRATCH IT!! By all means! Please! Keep me in mind for a second - patroller ;)

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
:yuckyuck Yeah... "poor puppies" :lol::gig Every pup should be abused like Southern's are!! :love They have excellent jobs with lots of goats to bond, love, and look after, as well as a huge family of humans to give them love and attention and care. I want to be one of her LGD's if I come back in another "life"! Glad to hear that a couple more are being placed, I know the new owners will be thrilled with their acquisition. I know of course that you'll be torn up to see them go... :hit:hugs

Thanks that is very kind. Yes we will miss them but we are not moved yet and we have some other priorities right now.
The one dog the family has wanted the dog, and it is a perfect fit, since the pup was 8 months old. They are getting more goats and feel it's time. If it was not this family then this dog would be staying forever. The other dog of course we also adore but they are buying a herd of goats from us and it works well, this one boy needs his own farm.

Blue dominates everything here. He is permanent. :D
Silver- I think I am keeping him- he has been moved to pair with Amy. I love Silver very much... in an odd way it just seems no one "gets him" like I do. Silver is a soulful dog that is happy go lucky but very keen... I guess you could say he is my boy too.:rolleyes: He is a small dog but powerful .. he is only 115 lbs but solid.

I thought the rabies was good for 3 or 5 years. I better get him in for a general check up anyway and started on heart worm meds again.
Their first rabies is a 1 year- after that they get a 3 year.
Good idea on the HW prevention- especially since you are going to move to Kentucky. Mel should get his Distemper/parvo booster too and then not again for 3 years (despite what they tell you- yearly boosters are NOT necessary) I also don't like giving rabies and boosters together. I am waiting 2 weeks then giving their boosters (to the "pups")

If I get a puppy itch somebody needs to get me some itch cream

:lol: :lol: :lol:
you see we will be weaning all the babies off the bottle and of course we will have nothing more to do so.... :D

Nah- I really do have a lot on my plate so probably not- maybe when we move.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Here ya' go @OneFineAcre ;)

upload_2016-4-30_15-2-43.png