Our Parker Is Gone

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not sure the tears will ever stop.
At some stage they do (for the most part).It's not because we care any less, but more we grow accustomed to our loss and find a way of accepting that their mortal selves aren't with us any more.

I don't think it's shallow to get another dog/cat etc etc. Nothing will replace that lost entity, but in offering a caring home to another of their kind, that action is good for both the person who has lost something dear and the animal who is in need of a permanent home.

Being upset is OK......if the lost animal didn't mean anything, then the hurt wouldn't even be there. So tears just show you care.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Southern by choice you, I and others have been Blessed by the Grace of God to have been entrusted with one of His most special of all dogs. We were chosen because we could return the great love that we were given. We were chosen because God is All Knowing, He knows the past, present and the future. He knew that our beloved dogs would not live to be old, diminished by age, slow and full of aches and pains. He knew that we would lose our most beloved of all dogs in the prime of their lives and that we were not ready for them to go. But he also knew that those dogs, His most special and beloved dogs were only to be entrusted to those with the capacity to love them fiercely, to give them the happiest days of their lives, every day of their lives. You, I and others that have received God's Blessing in the form of His dogs, walk this earth a better person for having known and loved His dogs.

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit

:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

I can’t even bring myself to write something so beautiful about Faith. She’s a heart-dog and our home isn’t the same without her. The farm isn’t the same without her. I still cry frequently.

We will be adding another house dog in the future. NOT a replacement as there will be another and I know that. There is a void that I wish to fill by being greeted by those happy eyes and a wiggly butt. ;)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit

:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

I can’t even bring myself to write something so beautiful about Faith. She’s a heart-dog and our home isn’t the same without her. The farm isn’t the same without her. I still cry frequently.

We will be adding another house dog in the future. NOT a replacement as there will be another and I know that. There is a void that I wish to fill by being greeted by those happy eyes and a wiggly butt. ;)

We miss Parker daily. I don't know how you feel, but I know how we feel and there is a hole in our lives that will never be filled. If you get that outstanding dog once in your entire lifetime, consider yourself blessed. I have had two, I am doubly blessed. Even though we have a new dog, he is not Parker and it would be unfair to compare him. He is his own dog and has found his home with us.

Latest posts