Our Polly is Gone

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
When we got to the Poultry Trade Event, today, Bay & her DH told us about losing Sweet Polly. I was in shock!!! My heart broke and my eyes leaked too. :hit :hit :hit After we went into the building where the birds were, my DH walked away for a few minutes. I was surprised, but figured he saw something he wanted to look at. Later, he told me he went off to shed a few tears, for sweet Polly! She had touched his heart as well. :love

I loved that sweet dog! :love She was so beautiful, and her long, soft fur, was so silky! It was hard to stop running my hands along her head and back. Whenever we visited, she came to sit next to my feet, so I could feel her leaning against me. That made my heart melt! It was impossible to NOT love that sweet dog!!! :love

I am sure going to miss her when we go to visit Bay and her DH!

And what a special dog, that Trip has turned out to be! :love What he did was SO special! It never ceases to amaze me when a dog has that 6th sense about the death of another animal, in it's world. How sweet, that he tried so hard to bring her back! Geez! It's making my eyes leak, just to think about it!

That sweet animal, that was so close to being put down, lived on to touch MANY lives. She will greatly be missed!!!

And, of course, Sweet Bay, my heart goes out to you and your DH :hugs. I know you will miss her most of all. So, my thoughts and prayers are with you both, in this time of loss! :hugs

Last edited:

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't cry at much but this one did it... Trip missing his friend really started the tears. It is so hard to lose our long time friends but harder for me is watching their soulmates longing for them. My Border Collies are sisters and 10 years old...I am dreading that day that I know will come.

You have a lot of good memories to cherish, Polly knew that you were her person and she loved you for that. You were both blessed by that bond. :hugs

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bay, I'm so sorry to have just found this posting....and really sorry for your loss. There are certain animals that come into our lives at times for seemingly unknown reasons....and many times it is an immediate connection. Often times we think that we are "Rescueing" them from a bad situation, but after many years, sometimes, we begin to wonder just who "Rescued" who. There is a bond that develops and each can read each other's mind and fit like a "Hand in a Glove". The majority have no understanding of it, because they have never experienced it. It is very unfortunate when the years that brought one so close, reaches the end for one that is so "Treasured". However, that "Richness of Life" that was brought and shared only serves the surviving party when it is held onto with all the Joy, Love, and Care as they progress in their life having been made a much better person with such a close relationship. Yes, there is sadness, emptiness, and sorrow....but, it is the memories, moments, and situations that have to be "Treasured" in order to carry the Joy and Peace as one continues on their journey. Polly brought many things and touched many people and made dear friends along the way and will be missed by so many more than just the immediate family....but it is you all that got to enjoy her compaionship everyday. Now, take her memory with you and allow her to continue to comfort you as ya grieve her loss.....:hugs

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Truly sorry Bay... She was a very pretty dog and I'm sorry I never got to know her. I know the memory of her will live on through you, your DH and the rest of your family who got to enjoy her. I hope the hole she has left heals quickly for you all. :hugs

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
So sorry bay!

She was so beautiful! The first picture I ever saw of her was the one of her with you're mom.... I remember thinking that was the most perfect picture ever!

:hugs