Our Steer is Here!

Simpleterrier

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
How long did it take to load. I hauled a cow in for my sis and my steer in. I had more time on the road then anything. Drove to sis house 20 minutes loaded cow took about 10 minutes. Drove back home load steer took 3 minutes drove to kill plant 30 minutes unloaded spent 15 minutes. Drove back to sis house to drop trailer and bil off 50 minutes drove home 20 minutes.

My steer half waygu and half holstein 1215lbs
Cow half waygu and half holstein 1475lbs she was a 3yr old dry cow

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
One of these times, go by a truck stop with scales, and get them to weigh the truck and trailer so you have a "base weight". Then the next time you take an animal, all you have to do is go by and get a loaded weight and you will have a pretty accurate weight on the animal/s in the trailer. Or you can take it loaded and then weigh after you unload on the way home, same trip, to know. Yeah, it costs a couple dollars to get a weight... if you go back within 24 hours it is a "reweigh" and usually only costs another dollar to do. But this will give you a lot better idea of weight.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
One of these times, go by a truck stop with scales, and get them to weigh the truck and trailer so you have a "base weight". Then the next time you take an animal, all you have to do is go by and get a loaded weight and you will have a pretty accurate weight on the animal/s in the trailer. Or you can take it loaded and then weigh after you unload on the way home, same trip, to know. Yeah, it costs a couple dollars to get a weight... if you go back within 24 hours it is a "reweigh" and usually only costs another dollar to do. But this will give you a lot better idea of weight.
That’s what we did with Wilbur, the 500 pound boar that turned out to weigh 820 pounds! His hanging weight was 506. He was a BIG BOY.