Our Steer is Here!

Simpleterrier

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The steer I took in was half waygu. He has a lot fat. I raise mine out on pasture. I get weaned calves between thanksgiving and Xmas keep in barn untill grass starts growing then I kick them out to pasture the get grain the whole time. Then when grass is done they come back in untill march

Attachments

• IMG_20210323_165407456.jpg
    IMG_20210323_165407456.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 173

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule , I would certainly try Wagyu beef. And I might like it. But, I like my grass fed beef... and the jerseys are more tender than other breeds even though there is not as much meat on the frame being a dairy breed. I like it too because it has just a little sweeter taste....
Like someone said.... (maybe you) Personal preference.

Kusanar

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
@Baymule , I would certainly try Wagyu beef. And I might like it. But, I like my grass fed beef... and the jerseys are more tender than other breeds even though there is not as much meat on the frame being a dairy breed. I like it too because it has just a little sweeter taste....
Like someone said.... (maybe you) Personal preference.
I have seen people saying that a Jersey x Angus is a good cross. There is actually a big dairy farmer milks jerseys and has a system where his best producing 1/3 of the cows are bred with sexed jersey semen to only produce heifers, then the lower producing 2/3 get bred to angus to make beef cows. Seems to work well with that combo.