Out of Hay

breezy2u

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Not sure how concerned I need to be about this. I have run out of hay and the feed store is also out. In addition, I'm leaving town tomorrow for a long weekend. I've bought some alfalfa pellets to try to supplement the grain they get in the evenings and they have access to pasture 24/7. How concerned should I be? Is it ok if they go without hay for a week?

sfgwife

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Not sure how concerned I need to be about this. I have run out of hay and the feed store is also out. In addition, I'm leaving town tomorrow for a long weekend. I've bought some alfalfa pellets to try to supplement the grain they get in the evenings and they have access to pasture 24/7. How concerned should I be? Is it ok if they go without hay for a week?

No it is not ok for them to not have hay for a week. They. Eed that roughage for their rumen to work properly. Go to another store.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Can you call a farmer neighbor that could sell you a few bales, just to get you through the week? We have lots of farmer friends here, and, we all seem to look out for each other, since it seems to be a declining breed? Call someone up, see if they can help. Maybe replay them with banan bread!

breezy2u

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thank you all. I was able to get them some compressed bales to tide me over.

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
What should I feed them if they really don't like hay? Crazy right? yeah!! they really don't.