Outeniqua Game Farm

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nice reference to the King Ranch; @Baymule . Mrs Helen Grove used to own several farms here in the Shenandoah valley of Va.... she was a King Ranch family descendent. It was sad when she decided to sell out and go back to Texas. Loved to see the big red cattle and she had some REAL NICE quarter horses here too.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi again. We have plenty of Roan's, Sable Antelope, Kudu, Springbok, Zebra and Blue Duiker and Ostriches, Waterbuck, European Bush Pigs. Then when it comes to the ordinary farm animals. We have lots of Landras Pigs, Saanan Milk Goats, 120 or so Boer Goats, Xhosa Lob ear goats. We have Percy Sheep and a large herd of Meatmaster Sheep bred for meatproduction. We have 100 head of Stud Bonsmara Cattle. And then we have our Jersey Cow Orphan Program, where we adopt little bulls from milk farms and raise them. We have lots of turkeys, Chickens and Peacocks. We also have a strong line of Weimeraner breeding dogs that we love. With the odd sheep dog and sausage dog in the mix. I hope I dint forget anybody. Its my duty to make sure that they are all happy and healthy every day. Running a Cattle feedlot and Sheep feedlot. Never a dull moment.
Welcome to BYH, all those animals sounds like lots of fun and work!

Is your place high wired fenced to keep them all in and predators out? How many acres do you have? Is it you and your husband that takes care of the farm?

I would LOVE to see pictures! Never heard of Landras pigs, Xhosa Lob Eared goats or Percy Sheep. Never heard of Bonsmara cattle either. I love learning about other animal breeds in other countries. Thank you for joining BYH! We can exchange ideas, information and pictures. Ask any questions you like, we are a diverse bunch of people, but we all share a love of our animals.

I'm thinking that was Landrace Pigs.
Percy sheep are probly Blackhead Persian as that breed is in Africa and came up when I searched Percy sheep.
I also think the goat picture is the Xhosa Lob Eared goats, according to google as that breed looks very patterened like or moonspotted boers.
Maybe they will reply and let us all know for sure.