1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Goat Hooves
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Overdue boer

Discussion in 'Birthing, Weaning, and Raising Young Goats' started by Kathi0721, Sep 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Sep 3, 2017
    Kathi0721

Kathi0721 Just born

I have an ex bottle goat that I am severely attached to. She is overdue on day 163. This is going on the day we had gotten rid of the buck march 24. Which I would find off that she got bred the day we got rid of him. She has had white mucus for the last 14 to 20 days but no contractions. She has no bag really but is ff. We have her dex and lutalyse last Wednesday and had nothing happen. Vet has kind of just shrugged me off. I haven't seen movement from the babies in the last 4 to 5 days. Any advice is appreciated. One seriously worried owner here.

2. Sep 3, 2017
    babsbag

babsbag Herd Master

If you gave dex and lute and nothing happened I would get her in for a sonogram and a vet check and find a new vet. That is not normal at all. The lute alone should have started labor. I have had them go to day 161, the not seeing movement is pretty normal with my goats when the kids start to get into position. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Welcome to BYH, and sorry that it is a problem that brought you here.

mysunwolf and Goatgirl47 like this.