Overdue ewe? *UPDATE NOT OVERDUE ANYMORE! TWINS!*

NachoFarm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
So one of our yearling ewes was supposed to be due "any day now" for the last two weeks! So besides driving me crazy, she has shown all the same symptoms consistently, swollen and pink back end, definitely has an udder that is not huge but developed and looks full. She has been in with a ram full time since December 16th, so with that date in mind, what's the latest I can expect her to go? We had May 12th as our first potential lambing date. Now we're waiting and waiting...and waiting. :rolleyes:

SheepGirl

Master of Sheep
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
If she bred during the first cycle, you have until May 28. And if she bred during the second cycle, you have until June 14. I can't imagine a ewe lambing any later than that, though, not unless you used CIDRs (which I don't think you did).

NachoFarm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Since I don't know what CIDR stands for, I think not. ;)

So if she was bred in the second cycle, as a first timer, do you really think she'd be showing such obvious signs at this point?

NachoFarm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
OMG! What is it about posting on this forum that send my ewes into labour?! :D Just went out to do water and check on everybody and there was Liza, standing in the middle of the pasture with TWINS! Just about fell on my tush. I would post pictures now but I have to cook dinner! We have one ewe lamb and one ram lamb, and the ewe lamb is what they call a "badger face" I guess? She's all black except for a large white blaze down her forehead and some black stripes on her cheeks! She's so super cute.