Overun by gophers

goatboy1973

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Here, our problem has been moles this year...tried the mole traps, but didn't get a one. :idunno
I got a Maine Coon cat that is a pure killing machine. He is 20 + pounds of killing machine. These cats are the only breed of cat actually bred to hunt. He has brought in possums and rabbits nearly his size as well as squirrels and barn rats. These cats love to please their owners. We had a mole problem this Spring and within a couple of weeks, no more moles.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes! The Maine Coon! They are ground dwellers and they really do a great job. Large, very large cats, generally docile toward people. One of the few breeds of cats I like :hide because they are more like a dog! :p

goatboy1973

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Ye
Yes! The Maine Coon! They are ground dwellers and they really do a great job. Large, very large cats, generally docile toward people. One of the few breeds of cats I like :hide because they are more like a dog! :p
Yep, very dog like. I am not a cat person at all but my Maine coon changed that. He knows how to fetch. Love that big fella. We rescued him from an owner that was not taking good care of him.

larryj57

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
There is so much misinformation in this post that I'm not even going to bother, but why don't I let people hunt on my land? See my avatar photo? My best friend is now dead because some big he man hunter was on my land with out permission and was stupid enough to think he was bagging a trophy coyote. To me hunters are the scourge of the earth.
I'm just wondering, if you find so much misinformation and have found out not everyone agrees with your opoinion, why do you stick around . I 've seen lots of forums who would love to have someone who has as much knowledge as you and on so many subjects. Just Saying

Bossroo

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Ye

Yep, very dog like. I am not a cat person at all but my Maine coon changed that. He knows how to fetch. Love that big fella. We rescued him from an owner that was not taking good care of him.
We have several huge feral cats that live in the woodlot behind our back yard fence. They patrol our yard every night and still the pesky gopher problem is no where near solved. :eek: Now if one wants a cat that is doglike... try a purebred Siamese ! We had 7over the years ... they talk to you, they do all of the usual things a dog will do, including shake hands, and go to the door and tell you who just pulled up to the house, check out strangers and need be, growl at them, and greet friends and family. :celebrate

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
Goatboy, I would love to see a photo of your cat!!! Have never seen that breed.

Bossroo...years ago before allergies struck me down...had a Siamese cat and she attacked and bit visitors ankles from under the couch...a sweetie to us, but not anyone else...and yes..personality plus!

goatboy1973

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Goatboy, I would love to see a photo of your cat!!! Have never seen that breed.

Bossroo...years ago before allergies struck me down...had a Siamese cat and she attacked and bit visitors ankles from under the couch...a sweetie to us, but not anyone else...and yes..personality plus!
I'll try to get a pic today. Meanwhile Google Maine coon cats and it will give you an idea of what Jasper looks like. His best buddy is an American bulldog named Brittany. That's how tough the cat is. LOL!!