P, K & M's Kidding Thread

Goatgirl47

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
It's that time again! :celebrate

First up is Penelope, a purebred Myotonic (fainting) goat. She will be two years old this coming June, and is a first freshener. Her first heat last fall was November 8th, and she never came into heat again so we had an Ultrasound done on her by our vets (December 18), and she is pregnant with twins!
Her udder is huge, and has been for the past month. Penelope is due April 1st (day 145).
All pictures are from yesterday:

DSCN1954.JPG

DSCN1955.JPG

That udder...:ep
DSCN1956.JPG

DSCN1970.JPG

Kendall is a Registered Mini-Lamancha, and she turned one year old on November 23rd. Five days earlier our buck, Romeo, had covered her. She also had an Ultrasound on December 18th, which showed she is also pregnant with twins! :weeeShe's due April 11th (day 145), and is an FF.

DSCN1934.JPG

RSCN1947.JPG

DSCN1916.JPG

And last of all, Magnolia. She is Penelope's twin, and she came into heat December 18th, and I saw Romeo cover her countless times before he lost interest. She's due May 11th (day 145), and she hasn't had an Ultrasound yet because this time I want it to be a surprise! She just started developing an udder, I am so happy! This will be her first time.

DSCN1939.JPG

RSCN1945.JPG

DSCN1938.JPG

What do you think about all of them condition wise?

Their feed rations:

Magnolia & Kendall: one cup (total) mixture of black oil sunflower seeds (BOSS); alfalfa hay; alfalfa pellets; kelp; and coconut flakes if we have them. Penelope gets the same mixture, except she gets two cups of it.

Last edited:

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I don't know about the ration, but to me they look quite happy and content. They seem to be in pretty good shape, you can tell they're carrying kids. Their coats look real nice and shiny.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congrats
I don't know about your ration but they look good
Do you know what the protein and Ca/P ratio is on your mix?
They certinly look good I just don't know anything about that mix, how did you come up with that never heard of using coconut flakes
I know some people like the kelp

Goatgirl47

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Do you know what the protein and Ca/P ratio is on your mix?

No, I don't know. :\
We got the coconut flakes from online, and on the bag it said that it's for horses, goats, rabbits, dogs, cats, & chickens. All of our animals like them and we thought it would be good for the goats, especially while they're pregnant. I made up the mix. :D

Goatgirl47

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
What? No pictures of Romeo? The girls look really nice. You have obviously put in a lot of time and work on the ladies.

Oops, completely forgot about Romeo. :D =D

Here he is when we first got him,
IMG_0611.JPG

And now (yesterday)
DSCN2042.JPG

DSCN2046.JPG

DSCN2055.JPG

He has a few grayish tan spots on him (you can see one on his front left leg) - would you call these moonspots?