Palomino's Training Journal-A New Chapter...Finally!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
What a lovely foal! They are always so fun. I stayed with the smaller size, so my foals were tiny things upon arrival. I do sometimes miss the excitement but, it was so different back then. It wasn't "work" with so much fun. Plus back then, there were magazines of just minis to drop over. Do they have those now? I don't even keep up with that phase. I do remember the ad bills!! :lol: And trainer fees, show entries, etc. Been 25 yrs now. Yeah, registrations, pull hair for DNA, wash, clip....I was good with all that part. We were able to travel to the shows, watch and enjoy....but, always back there cleaning stalls getting ready to use the wash racks. Still have the portable water heater, special clippers, who knows what all! Lot of expensive embroider blankets, farm name, etc. Like. What do you do with those? 😁😁

I love your attention to your animals and appreciate the time it takes to do so well!

Palomino

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
You sure take some outstanding pictures and you posed your yearling so well!
Adorable Alert!!!!!!! She is so cute!
Thank you!! It helps that he is just a stunning horse to photograph.

She is just precious. I'm looking forward to seeing how she matures, pretty sure she'll be a keeper!

What a lovely foal! They are always so fun. I stayed with the smaller size, so my foals were tiny things upon arrival. I do sometimes miss the excitement but, it was so different back then. It wasn't "work" with so much fun. Plus back then, there were magazines of just minis to drop over. Do they have those now? I don't even keep up with that phase. I do remember the ad bills!! :lol: And trainer fees, show entries, etc. Been 25 yrs now. Yeah, registrations, pull hair for DNA, wash, clip....I was good with all that part. We were able to travel to the shows, watch and enjoy....but, always back there cleaning stalls getting ready to use the wash racks. Still have the portable water heater, special clippers, who knows what all! Lot of expensive embroider blankets, farm name, etc. Like. What do you do with those? 😁😁

I love your attention to your animals and appreciate the time it takes to do so well!
Thanks!! I was not expecting her to be a palomino! She is tinier than she looks in the picture, but not super tiny, will probably be 32-33" full grown. Other than class sizes and the modernization of the breed, I don't think it's too different now. It's more fun than work for me too! I love it. They do still have the magazines! AMHA has the Miniature Horse World, AMHR/ASPC has The Journal. I love reading through them. You can read them online without a membership or subscription. Ad fees are still high too!!
I can think of plenty of uses for those blankets, lol!! I have a halter bag that was an award from a local show hosted by a club in 2001. I went to the same show several weeks ago and it's still put on by the same club. If you don't mind my asking, what was your farm name? I've done a lot of research into mini lines and farms, so I may have heard of it.

Palomino

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
_MG_3279.JPG

_MG_2843.JPG

_MG_3000.JPG

_MG_3342.JPG

More foal pictures!
At the first area championship show of the year. 257 horses entered and tough competition, made harder by the fact that there will only be one judge in the ring. Could be good or bad depending on whether or not she likes your horses, so this is the hardest show of the year for us.🙏

Palomino

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
She is so little and cute.... Not near as "spindly legged" as the full size counterparts at that age.... Really nice looking animals.
Thank you! I was very happy with how strong and sturdy she was right from the start. She's growing up too fast! I need to get new pictures of her after this next show.
IMG_20210613_104853.jpg

I'm late, but here are the results from the championship. Unquestionably our hardest show of the year. Almost 300 horses were entered and it was the largest mini show in the country so far. I'm happy with how my geldings did though. Yearling's are on the top, jumper's are on the lower row. Headed out again this weekend for the final local show of the year.

Palomino

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Wow! That’s a lot of ribbons! Congratulations!
Thank you!

Great job! Those regional shows are tough -- you're competing with the best of the best from huge area. Those ribbons were well earned and hard to get at those big shows. Proud of ya!! :old
Thanks!! They are very tough, especially because we have so many minis down here. I was happy we placed in almost all of our classes, especially halter obstacle which is always hard. Ready to show again tomorrow!