Palomino's Training Journal-A New Chapter...Finally!

Palomino

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hello from Texas. I know there are quite a few other members in the state! I've been browsing this site for a few years and finally joined.

@Baymule, here you go!
This journal will be for my miniature horses and their training. I'll update it as we progress. Not too much going on now, as shows don't start again for a few months, but I will put "a few" pictures from previous years in another post since I think lots and lots pictures are wanted on this site!

Palomino

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
134286.png

Apologies in advance for the picture quality, pictures are hard to get, so these came from videos.
First is a classic driving gelding

134271.png

125439.png

Next is my pinto country gelding
131685.png

And Finally, a mare in very early training, who will be a single horse.

Palomino

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yay! You started a journal! Your minis are so pretty, excellent conformation, obviously high quality animals.
Thank you! I've been fortunate to acquire some special horses without having to spend a small fortune to buy them! Mostly it is because they are very high spirited and a lot of people prefer horses who are easier to handle.

Palomino

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Wow! Those are some huge jumps! And they're clearing them with room to spare! 😍
Those are some spectacular little horses. Thanks for sharing the pics.
Yes, they gave those jumps lots of air! That's because the jumps are only 38" high and they've both cleared 47" at home. So these jumps were just playthings to them. The official world record is 46", and next year we are going to attempt to officially set a new record at 50".
The paint is 34" tall and the solid gelding is 32".
And thank you! I don't think anyone has ever called them spectacular! Not too long ago, I don't think that would have been possible. The paint was moved around a few times before I got him and the other is just plain crazy, lol, but I love them both and they try so hard for me.

Last edited:

Latest posts