Palomino's Training Journal-A New Chapter...Finally!

Palomino

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Spa day today for my jumper prior to next Saturday's show. He is only trimmed because our crazy weather is still unpredictable, but I think he's never been in better shape. Looking forward to seeing how he does next weekend!!
_MG_0984 (1).JPG
PSX_20210306_170037.jpg
_MG_0961.JPG

Palomino

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Where will the show be? Will you shave him slick for the show then blanket him after that until it warms up? He is so cute, even in his wooly pajamas.
The show is in Belton TX this weekend. We are doing 7 classes on Saturday, 4 jumper, 1 hunter & 2 halter.

I haven't decided yet. Blanketing is such a headache to have to worry about since it means constantly watching the weather. I've done that before, don't think I want to for this show.
Funny you should say that! I was thinking of doing a head and neck clip and I've had people say that makes them look like they are wearing pajamas. I don't think I will clip anymore though because, see that horribly nondescript color where I clipped his bridle path? That's the color he is under his winter coat until his pretty summer coat grows in. So I will most likely do a full clip in April and give his coat plenty of time to become a color again before our next show, lol.

Palomino

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
He is so adorable. I'm sure he will do fantastic at the show. I look forward to hearing about the end results from Saturday. I'm here way up in Canada cheering for the both of you..:woot
Thanks!! :) I will be sure to post our results here! It's getting close. After 7 months since our last show, only 5 more days is nothing, and while it may feel more like 5 years, it will be here very soon!

Palomino

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We are with you here in Florida...go break that record :highfive: :love:celebrate:celebrate
Thank you!!:D
It was my plan to attempt one of the records this weekend, however the winter weather derailed those plans as we lost training time. However, it works out better this way and I am hoping to attempt it at our next show, in April.