Palomino's Training Journal-A New Chapter...Finally!

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Minis are addictive!! Well if you ever want a driving horse, let me know! If I don't have one, I know others who do.
I'm way up North from you in Canada. I do have a contact though. There's a man that trains miniature horses to carts. He sells the package for $1,500. Jeepers it's tempting..:lol:

Palomino

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I'm way up North from you in Canada. I do have a contact though. There's a man that trains miniature horses to carts. He sells the package for $1,500. Jeepers it's tempting..:lol:
That's about what I've gotten mine for, untrained, so that is a great deal! I say, go for it! But I am very biased when it come to them!:hide
The mini obsession knows no distance limitations! LOL I actually just sent one of mine up to a new home in the Pacific Northwest.

Palomino

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
34 here, sunny and everything is melting! One more night of freezing temperatures ahead though so I imagine it will be icy tomorrow morning, but then we have nice warm days ahead.:clap

3 weeks until the first show of the year!! How did that happen?! Hopefully I'll be able to resume training next week if the ground dries out!

Palomino

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Sunshine and perfect balmy weather is here again! 70 today! Rain coming later this week, but the ground is dry enough to train again. Today my jumper cleared 48" for the first time. That is enough to set a new world record, but I'd like him to get to 50". It is only 2" higher so he is close to getting there!

Palomino

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yes, very true, but in this case, 50" has been our goal and I think it is likely that he will reach it based on how easily he cleared 48". He's not going to attempt anything higher than 50" though.