Palomino's Training Journal-A New Chapter...Finally!

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Miss @ButtonHerder,

Welcome aboard BYH! I think you will love the forum. I see you have found Miss Palomino's journal. She just joined us a few days ago, and we glad she did. Also check out Miss @Hudson and me's journal, who also loves horses. She is in New South Wales, Australia. Your profile said that you like cattle as well as horses. In that case, you should love Miss @farmerjan's journal. She is one of the experts on the forum regarding cattle, as she has several head. Regarding quail, there is at least one (or more) on here involved in raising quail. It is either Miss @chickens really, Miss @Larsen Poultry Ranch, or perhaps someone else I am thinking of. Maybe they can comment here. I hope you will consider starting a journal so you can tell us of your wonderful adventures! Again, welcome aboard!

ETA: I forgot to mention Miss @thistlebloom, who loves horses as well.

Senile Texas Aggie

ButtonHerder

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Miss @ButtonHerder,

Welcome aboard BYH! I think you will love the forum. I see you have found Miss Palomino's journal. She just joined us a few days ago, and we glad she did. Also check out Miss @Hudson and me's journal, who also loves horses. She is in New South Wales, Australia. Your profile said that you like cattle as well as horses. In that case, you should love Miss @farmerjan's journal. She is one of the experts on the forum regarding cattle, as she has several head. Regarding quail, there is at least one (or more) on here involved in raising quail. It is either Miss @chickens really, Miss @Larsen Poultry Ranch, or perhaps someone else I am thinking of. Maybe they can comment here. I hope you will consider starting a journal so you can tell us of your wonderful adventures! Again, welcome aboard!

ETA: I forgot to mention Miss @thistlebloom, who loves horses as well.

Senile Texas Aggie
Thank you! I should

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Late to the party but, love your minis!! I spent a lot of times at shows but not as a presenter. Hired a trainer. Had a farm to run and a job. But, if not foaling, often went to shows and loved the entire experience! Since I concentrated on the smaller ones mine were not entered into driving classes even tho some were trained to drive. We just used them to have some free rides for the kids. 😃

We had a few outside events at KY Horse Park and in Reno, NV. Most are inside, however.

Impressive jumper! I like the form of the pinto in that driving picture. Minis are so loving and really do want to please. They actually love a job and training. I have only some elders now, being pasture ornaments. But for several years minis were a big part of my life. My favorites are long gone now but, I still have a display case full of those treasured ribbons and trophies!

You are right about mares mostly not wanting to be jumpers! But years back there was a little girl with a little mare that were awesome to watch in jumping, obstacle, liberty and showmanship. Just an obvious "two were as one" team. Training takes time, patience, consistency and LOVE! You are doing all of those to get the results you are. :love

Last edited:

Palomino

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Late to the party but, love your minis!! I spent a lot of times at shows but not as a presenter. Hired a trainer. Had a farm to run and a job. But, if not foaling, often went to shows and loved the entire experience! Since I concentrated on the smaller ones mine were not entered into driving classes even tho some were trained to drive. We just used them to have some free rides for the kids. 😃

We had a few outside events at KY Horse Park and in Reno, NV. Most are inside, however.

Impressive jumper! I like the form of the pinto in that driving picture. Minis are so loving and really do want to please. They actually love a job and training. I have only some elders now, being pasture ornaments. But for several years minis were a big part of my life. My favorites are long gone now but, I still have a display case full of those treasured ribbons and trophies!

You are right about mares mostly not wanting to be jumpers! But years back there was a little girl with a little mare that were awesome to watch in jumping, obstacle, liberty and showmanship. Just an obvious "two were as one" team. Training takes time, patience, consistency and LOVE! You are doing all of those to get the results you are. :love
I would love to hear more about your minis and see photos! How long ago were they showing? I have some of the older lines in my herd. I still think they are wonderful.
I would love to show at the KY horse park one day. I think western regionals was at Reno last year and I saw that the warmup arena was outside.

Thank you! The pinto is a natural country mover and a great all around horse. They definitely do love to work and try to please. Those trophies are such a nice reward and the memories are even better!

That must have been so fun to see. I have one mare like that. Really looking forward to showing her again.

It certainly does require all of those things! Thank you! I love doing this!!

Last edited:

Palomino

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
mg-9965.jpg

mg-9966.jpg

In all her winter woolies, this mare is a dream to watch. A true Arab in miniature! She will be a fine liberty horse one day and an amazing single horse.
EJ7A0114 (1).JPG

And a closeup of my pinto gelding in Hunter

Palomino

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Just beautiful! Do you ever show at the Texas Rose Horse Park in Tyler? I don't know if they have classes for mini's, just wondering.
No, I have not heard of any mini shows there. I think it might be too expensive for the mini horse clubs to rent. The two places that most of the local shows are held at are in Belton and Glen Rose. Regionals is in Belton and the World Championship show is at Will Rogers in Ft. Worth.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Texas Rose Horse Park is a huge place. We have gone over there to watch the competition. Once we went and watched a dog agility event. It was fun. I just looked at their calendar and in April there is a Pony of America and a Gypsy Horse shows. We may have to ramble over there again.......

Palomino

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
It is huge and very prestigious. Dog agility is always fun to watch! I have been there several times, before I had my own horses, lol.

If you ever get over to Fort Worth, the world show in September is worth the trip. 10 days of driving, jumping, carriage, costume, etc. with miniatures from all over the world. In a normal year, we would also be showing at the Ft Worth Stock Show next month, but it was cancelled. Instead, a club is putting on a fun show there with Gypsy Horses, Minis, Donkeys, Mules, Valais Blacknose sheep and several other breeds.

Latest posts