Palomino's Training Journal-A New Chapter...Finally!

Palomino

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Wow, good job little horse! :love
He says thank you and wait until you see him going even higher! He also jumped 7' long today. No pictures, unfortunately. When he is really focused and trying, he is amazing.

You are an awesome trainer!
I can't train that!! I can support it with natural supplements, teach him to stay with me and encourage him to jump higher, but that mind and natural talent must be there!! Mostly I have to train myself to keep up with him. We show with two different breed registries, AMHA & AMHR. In AMHA, the winner is determined by jump offs, horses with clean rounds advance to the next round where jumps are raised until only one has a clean round or max height of 44" is reached, but in AMHR, it is determined by timing the period it takes to complete the course! That means I have to RUN!! So he and I are both on the same joint supplement. I just take mine in a pill instead of soaked beet pulp. This will be our first year attempting timed jumping.

Palomino

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
He may have that natural talent, but it takes someone with the vision to see, the heart to love, and the uncanny ability to draw out that talent and bring it to full bloom.
That is so well said and very true! He had discouraged a few people from working with him before I got him. Not to say that I have all of those, but I try my best!!

Palomino

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
_MG_0062.JPG

_MG_0038.JPG

_MG_0011 (1).JPG

PSX_20210110_141604.jpg

@Hudson and me

A very rare snow day here! My Southern bred horses said no thank you, but I said yes! Once they were out of the barn they had fun for a few minutes, but were still very happy to go back in afterwards!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's been snowing here for 2 hours, must be an inch on the ground. News predicts 3-5 inches. Our horses are in the barn, they said phooey on playing in that stuff. The steer is in The Pig Palace, sheep in their barn, 1 dog with the sheep, 1 dog in her doghouse crammed with hay, 2 dogs on the porch and 1 dog (in heat) in the house. All are happy and have warm beds.

Palomino

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
_MG_0166.JPG

_MG_0123.JPG

_MG_0132 (1).JPG

_MG_0141.JPG

We are supposed to get 6" here, so far it's been coming down steadily since around 10am.
This is the only horse that really wanted to come out to play!! And he is very photogenic!

Latest posts