Parasite Problem?

Pioneer Chicken

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Howdy y'all! A few weeks ago, I noticed that two of our bottle babies (and I wouldn't doubt if the other two had it, as well. One's white & the other is gold/white, so it's harder to tell) have small white 'specks ' in groups on their head and neck/ shoulder areas. They've got a few of these scattered randomly over their bodies. The ' specks ' don't move, so maybe they're eggs? Sometimes in the midst of the specks, I'll see a parasite(?) moving around. I've tried twice to treat it with DE with no effect. Do y'all have any idea what it is? I've searched online with no success in finding what they have or how to treat it. Two of the bottle kids turned 8 weeks old today and two are 9 weeks old this week. I would really like to treat naturally if that's possible, but if it isn't, what would you give them and how much for how long? I've attached some photos so y'all can see. Thank you so much for your help!

2074_blackie.jpg

2074_blackie_2.jpg

2074_blackie_3.jpg

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
We've always used Frontline spray.

Recently, we have tried "Python Dust" which you can get at TSC because I had seen folks on here recommend it.

Pioneer Chicken

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
OneFineAcre said:
We've always used Frontline spray.

Recently, we have tried "Python Dust" which you can get at TSC because I had seen folks on here recommend it.
How is the Python Dust working for you? Is it a one time application? or do you need to do it several times?

Also, we have Adams flea & tick shampoo with IGR. Would that be all right to use on them? Have any of y'all ever used vinegar spray?

Thanks!

Renegade

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
We use Python dust. It's excellent. We usually just apply it once but we put it on the goat and in the bedding where they like to lay.

Donna

wmroth

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
We use Python dust for mices and lice. It works well. I fill an old sock with the dust and then I pat the sock on the animals body. I am very careful not to get dust in the animals eyes or let them breath in the dust. It does take multiple applications.