Paris is Calling Me With Her Eyes!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Every evening, Paris parks herself in front of the patio glass doors, staring intently through them straight at me, sitting in my recliner. This is after I feed her. She won't eat until I go outside and praise her. Actually, I gush praise like a broken water main. I tell her, You are so smart! What a pretty girl! You protect Mommy's chickens and keep all those baaad raccoons away. You are the smartest dog in the whole world. You are gorgeous! What a good dog!

I speak in a high pitched voice, petting and stroking her while I sit on a bench. We are face to face, sometimes nose to nose. Paris beams. I swear, that dog is smiling, soaking up all that attention. When she deems it to me enough, not me, but she abruptly walks away and starts eating her food.

It is official. I am a slave to a Great Pyrenees.

Paris Looking In.jpg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
The first time wasn't enough. Paris has been charging around the yard barking and came back to station herself in her usual spot. Ya'll KNOW that I went outside, sat on the bench and praised her profusely. She wanted me to acknowledge that she was on the job, keeping us safe. When she had enough, she took off to chase away more boogers!

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
I do the same thing as far as the praise for doing " such a good job"
Paris is a beauty

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
look at those eyes, she is a beautiful girl and she sooo loves her mama. the eyes say so.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
This evening, the neighbor walked out in his yard. Paris hates the neighbors and charges the fence, barking. At the first woof, the chickens scrammed, running for cover under the bushes. Paris charged the fence, the chickens hid until their protector pranced back to the deck, her plume tail waving the "all clear". :lol:

Even the chickens get it that she is protecting them.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I wonder if Paris and Amy are related!:D

Amy hates the neighbors too... she can hear them start their cars, which also tells me my sweet hardheaded pyr that acts deaf sometimes is not really :\... we can always tell because she will run all the way to the outer field and "set-up". She gets all ready- they have a real long drive... when they come down the drive she is right there runs the line and then when they turn on the highway she runs that line too. It is all a game for her. I swear she smiles too! :D

One time the neighbor was checking his mail... usually the dogs run out to the corner and go nuts... well this one day no dogs! My neighbor was looking all around, still no dogs... so he opened the mailbox again and then slammed it, no dogs...did it again... DOGS!
I was dying' :lol: Sometimes he will even drive down his drive and stop then back up 20ft... drive... back up... drive... it is funny!

He means NO HARM it is just a game now. We laugh about it too.