Pastor Dave's Highlights

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Most on here have "seen" me by now, or I have shown up on your journal posts.
I have had to post pics or comments on others, that I thought I might as well begin something of my own.

I have enjoyed all your journals and plan to stay active, but from time to time want to share some stuff. Hope it's not too boring!

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
20190716_104158.jpg
20190726_123509.jpg

I had 5 dump truck loads of slag from the local steel mill brought in. It saved me abt half the cost of limestone gravel.

Attachments

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have been inactive a very long time for BYH activity. I am very sorry to hear Joe passed away. It was kinda like returning to a class reunion to hear of a death since meeting last.

My family had our world turned upside down in February and March. The church we were involved in and lived at, etc., turned on me in ugly way and gave us 90 days to relocate. We moved back up to Montgomery Co, IN where our family is at. It was only an hour and 15 mins North of where we were at Hall.

I started a job as a cheese cutter at a cheese production factory in Crawfordsville that supplies Kroger. It's called Pace Dairy Foods and pays well with good benefits. I have been there a little over 60 days and have been at our new place 5 weeks.

We purchased a 3-1/2 acre property with just abt everything we were wanting on a creek with barn and 3 other outbuildings.

Between March and May I was working TSC while searching for real estate and a job at the same time, and was pretty depressed. God made things happen in His time and we put in an offer on our new place the same day Pace called to offer me the position. We now attend a little country church called Liberty Chapel, and I sit with my family having no responsibilities. I am no longer Pastor Dave; more like Cousin Dave! Haha. That is what my TSC manager began calling me after March til I finished out in May.

I have missed everyone and my family is doing very well now! We still have the meat rabbits, plan to get some Layers in September, and some dairy goats next Spring/Summer. I'll send some pics soon and keep everyone updated on new animal arrivals.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am not sure if it's an industry standard, and I'm guessing it is, but when you get cheese at the store; whether shredded, bricks, cubes, sticks, or deli slices, it began as what we call a 640 block. Those are as much as 700#. We begin by cutting them into 40# sixteenths using mechanical cutters with harps that use wires. It's not bad work most days, and my plant has 300 some workers, so divided by 3 shifts, it's not hard to get to know your shift coworkers and especially your line(s) team. We get most weekends off through Summer, and begin working all Saturdays in the Fall into the Holidays and past Super Bowl until late February or March, then go back to 5 days. Our cheese is shipped to us from Wisconsin and California.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
I do live in the flyway for a lot of North American waterfowl, but was never too much into duck hunting, etc. I have seen it take down a Mallard drake once, a long time ago. That's another story. I prefer to use it for rabbit and squirrel. Now, I would be interested in pheasant or ground fowl hunting. It may see a little hunting. It will probably see some target shooting. Then, my boys get to squabble over who gets it.

Here it is finished
20180507_162508.jpg

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today Jill had an endo scope that showed stomach lining abrasions but no ulcers. The meds from the dentist helped set everything off. She uses a lot of Ibuprofen and has to get away from Nsaids and use Tylenol and an acid blocker. We got to come home abt 4pm today. Thanks for the kind words and prayers. She's asleep and I am back to sleeping days and staying up nights like I did for sooooo long back in the day when I worked 12s on nights for abt 10 years until moving here. I will crash soon.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
I should have taken a pic or two of the mower, but it's at the neighbor's for a few days. It was listed at $500. The seller called and said he mowed with it yesterday, but today he pulled it out and started it and it was spraying gas. He thought it was the carburetor. I brought my neighbor Butch, the small engines mechanic, and he looked it all over and asked what the guy's bottom dollar was. He said he didn't know. So Butch asks him if he'll take $400. He says, Yah I'll do that. I'm still waiting to talk to Butch to see what he thinks is wrong with it. So, Butch sees the seller turn around to do something, and asks me if I think that's a fair price. He winks and says, You'll do ok for $400. We load it up and I get out in the road, and he says it had a busted fuel line he will replace and do a little carb work, and I'll be mowing with on Monday. So we get it back to his place next door to mine and I hand him $40 for parts he may need and we shake hands and I go back home.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
My wife is good. I can't remember an issue she may have been having. I knew you had those legal issues going on and I hoped you would win in court. I hope you like your new place and can have ownership of it without conflict. My six yr old son asked if our new place was our forever home, and if anyone could make us leave it? I said, Yes it's ours and no one is gonna try to make us leave (provided we make payments and keep up on the taxes) Haha.

Latest posts