Pastor Dave's Highlights

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Maybe Dave or his wife can stand at the side of the road with a double barrel shotgun, breech open. If the bus comes and someone decides to run past it, close up the breech. If they don't stop, level the gun at their grill ;) Maybe blowing a hole in their front end to save the life of a child is protected.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh, that could be fun!! 4 flats will certainly get their attention. That might cost them more than the fine for passing the bus. Not sure about the air horn though, they are painful to everyone, not just the jerks in the car.

So along with the flashing lights and the stop sign, the buses need roll out strips fore and aft. I like it!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
This morning, with bus stopped to pick up my boys and red lights flashing and stop arms out, 2 vehicles approaching from the front of the bus, decided it was ok to meet the bus and drive through the prohibited lane the boys would be walking across to gain entry to the bus. It was sun up and visible without use if headlights. Fortunately, the bus driver was aware and holding out her arm to keep the boys from approaching, and I am very vigilant too, but my first grader had to keep being told to wait. It is disturbing and I do not know any better way to correct it.

I called and left a mssg with the school corp stating it was no fault of the bus driver's, but it is disturbing and I am at a loss as to what to do. I was calm and polite and am waiting for a reply. Vent over and curious as to what, if anything more I can do besides go crazy. :barnie

Carry your cell phone, call the cops. It is against the law. Take a picture of the vehicle and make a federal case of it. I realize you are having to make sure the kids are safe....That is priority. But make these people pay for their lack of attention, or for their flagrant disregard for the laws too.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Maybe a flashlight with a flashing strobe on it to shake at the drivers? Take pictures of their liscense plates and turn over to the police or create a web site or Facebook page shaming drivers that drive through a stopped school bus zone? Call the local TV station and let them do a story on drivers like that? Carry a walkway stop sign and shake it at people? The best and most satisfying thing to do would be to shoot out their tires, then open up a six pack of whoop-em when they got out of their car, but that would get you in trouble.

LIKE times 100

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
My oldest son and I did some wading and exploring today. There is some nice cold springs emptying into our creek which explains the cold creek water. Across the creek on our additional acre are a cluster of pawpaws with fruit we will have to keep an eye on. I hadn't seen native trees with this fruit, but Dad had them as a kid on their family farm in the woods by the creek. Makes sense too, since apparently they like fertile creek and river bottoms as long as it's well drained soil. It immediately took me back to my Dad singing abt "pickin' up pawpaws and put 'em in your pocket." He always sang old folk songs and stuff off the radio from the 40's through 60's when he was a kid and young adult. I wish he could have visited this place.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
20190811_184840.jpg