Pastor Dave's Highlights

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yah, I am monitoring the situation and if need be, will take care of it regardless what the bleedheart neighbors think. A guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do to protect his own place. Same with the mink spotted. A buddy said he had mink abt decimate his chickens in a short time, so...

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have beaver in my area. Those in a large pond will leave the big trees alone. Those in a tidal area will make sure it becomes a pond!! Big trees come down for a dam. Smart little buggers!

So, if your guy is in a nice pond area, you are most likely not going to see a change. :D

AND -- yep, mink love chicken dinners!! They dig and climb easily. Maybe wife would like a new coat? If there's one there are more.

Trees dropping early provisions usually means a strong winter. The issue with the "rest period" from slow work is that the people generally do not prepare as well as the animals. :( Sadly that means some are short of needed food and warmth.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Beware of the mink. They have been known to get through the smallest holes that you wouldn't think a mouse could get through. They will go through and kill everything they can catch.
Beavers can build a dam quicker than you can say jumpin jack flash. They are engineers extraordinaire... know people who love 'em and others hate 'em. Guess it depends on where they want their dams and ponds....

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nature's bounty
White 2gal bucket is acorns
Gray 1gal bucket is hickory nuts
Black 5gal bucket is walnuts

I want to do a lengthy process and make acorn flour. We will see how that works out.
20191012_175746.jpg