Pastor Dave's Highlights

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good ole show. Still watch the reruns. He had to learn everything as he went, and I am relearning as I go. Dad either had all the equipment back then that we needed, or he could borrow it from the farm he finished out working for. If they didn't have something, they just bought it. Now, being away from it all for twenty years, I am accumulating as I go along. :woot

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today's activities cut down on my productivity. We left at 11:30 to go to the Indianapolis Zoo. Before hand, I got the rabbits fed and a little work done on the Gravely. Now, back home and ready to rest, decided to go out after it has cooled off and tinker some more. Man, I could gave gotten so much done today! I guess I was making memories with the family...

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yesterday had to take it easy. Didn't feel good for some reason. Not really sick, just real tired. Woke up feeling similar today, but pushed through and got all my drop pans dumped, cleaned up, and relined with barn lime and pine pellets. Filled my truck bed a little over half way. Have to dump tomorrow because it got too late on me.

Before I had the last couple finished, neighbor stopped by to help me loosen a filler cap on the bushhog to the Gravely. It is 1-1/2" hexagon shaped, and my biggest wrench is 1-1/16". It is the fill for the hydraulic fluid. Got it open, and it was dry. Not surprised. Trying to breath new life into these old machines. Lol

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today I went with my sister, who is single, to help her car hunt. She wanted to replace a KIA Sportage with a Jeep or other SUV.
We found her an '08 Honda CR-V AWD. I was filling in for what Dad had always done. I think we did ok. He came off the price a bit at the beginning, and I got him to come off it a couple hundred more. She was going to take his original offer. My father in law is a mechanic and will go over it for her one if these days.
Now as long as she doesn't start asking me to fix her plumbing, furnace, or roof, I should be Ok. :eek:

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
I used the Gravely today to mow around my hayfield and managed to rattle loose about every bolt and linkage. The linkage that engages and disengages the implement on the front came apart and now the mower won't disengage. The linkage that controls high or low speed came apart, and the linkage that controls the direction also came apart. Man! There's so many things that came loose. I don't know if I can reconnect and keep things from rattling loose.

At this point I wish I hadn't bought it. I could have put the money toward a tractor that could have pulled a mower and rake, or even a mower that my Craftsman could pull, but I guess I am out the $ and just had to learn a lesson. Oh well, some lessons cost more than others. At least this one wasn't too expensive. :th

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, ya never know....it could be a project to work on a little at a time, but not a machine to rely on performing real work. In the meantime if ya can recoup your $$ and sell it, then fine....but don't shut the door on it for good....a little work and some paint and ya may can sell for more than ya paid for and put that towards a tractor....just don't let it be a waste.