Pastor Dave's Highlights

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Second cutting
20170804_162048.jpg

Also had a good day to rewire my new trailer with new trailer lights. Nothing wrong with what came on it. Friend that's a trucker decided to change them. All changed out to LED now. I guess I should get a pic of it.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good guy named Benny. One of my deacons that drives the country all week and generally comes home on the weekends.
His Peterbilt is on its 3rd motor and has abt 3 million miles on it, he says. It has 10" stacks and tons of lights he added. He has two sets of three air horns mounted behind the front wheels by the steps. Pretty loud too. He made some stainless cargo boxes that sit along the sides behind his fuel tanks and one just behind the cab.

20170804_184809.jpg

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Butchered one meat pen today and one more still to do. Sorry, no pics. :ep
I have two does ready for their nest boxes soon. :weeeGood thing the week is young. Or, is it?

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't think I'd be the right one to ask that.....if I didn't have a calendar on the computer or my phone, I'd never know what day of the week or month it was.....I don't keep up with it....it is just another day.....:)......Joyce on the other hand, has to know and keep up with the time, day of wk and mnth......we have about 6 digital clocks here for the 2 of us....plus, the phones, computer, and tv......:gig
I guess the rabbits keep ya pretty much cycling areas and pens fairly regularly.....I've never had any dealings with rabbits, never even hunted them.....I could spend that time fishing, and that's what I did....:)

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hmmm...if you want another project, I have plans for a hand operated baler. :hide It's pretty neat, actually. Rake the hay and put it in, compress with hand lever, tie & remove.

I have seen a few gravelys for sale but, resisted the urge. At this stage in my life, if it isn't fairly new, not gonna buy it. My tiller (pull with lawn tractor type) is waiting to go to the shop and I just hate the thought of the cost. Talked to shop & they feel it will be simple fix....right!! Simple bill??

Yep, those rabbits are expensive....:cool: But cute.:D =D

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
I actually am planning on looking into a hand operated baler advertised by a company in FL called Baker, I think. It is a welding and sheet metal working /manufacturer, I think. The video link was on here a while back ago. It does a 26"x12"x13" bale if I remember right.

My plan was to use the Gravely to mow the field down with the sickle bar attachment, either get a compact rake, or rake by hand, and then bale myself. I gotta guy that will do it all and drop em in place for $.75/bale because he uses wire not string. Or, he will mow and rake for fuel price, etc.

This is only my third season maintaining that acre. First season I sprayed and re-seeded with a pasture blend of Timothy, red clover, and some other grasses.
I helped a neighbor bale, and he gave me alfalfa hay. Last year, he baled mine and I helped him with his. But, he didn't do it til he was on 2nd or 3rd cutting of his own.
This year, I cut and hand raked, and used another neighbor's homemade hand baler.

I am weighing my options for next year with the farmer that mows our church grounds, on his quotes of $.75/bale or mowing and raking fee. My Gravely is running fine. I just need to get more familiar with the linkages and make sure they don't vibrate loose each time I use it. If I can't, I will retighten what came loose, and paint it up a little, and unload it.