1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. All things Goats
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Pastor Dave's Highlights

Discussion in 'Member's "BackYardHerds" Journals' started by Pastor Dave, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Aug 9, 2017
    CntryBoy777

CntryBoy777 True BYH Addict

I'm not sure how much it vibrates, but some lock washers or cotter keys may help in that situation.

Pastor Dave likes this.
  2. Aug 11, 2017
    Pastor Dave

Pastor Dave True BYH Addict

Today I plated my new utility/landscape trailer, and my truck and car. So, good for another year. Then, had car serviced. I could have done it, but prefer to have them try to find everything else to fix to make some $ off me. Today? Just my license plate lights. $10

Now, maybe should make a new post, but oh well. Anyone else gearing up for a week from Monday? Some kind of once in 99 years total solar eclipse

promiseacres and CntryBoy777 like this.
  3. Aug 11, 2017
    Mike CHS

Mike CHS Herd Master

Not far from where we live is supposedly the ideal spot to see the total eclipse but we are sticking around home. The local news is covering it non-stop that day so I'll use them to view the event.

4. Aug 11, 2017
    CntryBoy777

It really makes me no never-mind....and it won't change the tendings-to that day either....I use to be interested in all that stuff.....comets and such.....but, not so much anymore...tho, every day I hope to hear a "Trumpet Blast".....:)

Pastor Dave, Latestarter and Mike CHS like this.
  5. Aug 12, 2017
    promiseacres

promiseacres True BYH Addict

We attended an informative presentation at our library this week. Got free glasses to view it.

Pastor Dave, Latestarter and Mike CHS like this.
  6. Aug 12, 2017
    Pastor Dave

I need some glasses or something too. Maybe a welding shield... We are not very close, but supposed to have a 90% eclipse, so should be pretty impressive.

I do find it real interesting that this is such a rare occurrence, and that 7 years later in April, we are due another total solar eclipse that will criss-cross this one's path.

I tell folks to be ready (or get ready) every day. We don't know God's timetable and plan, but He knows ours. Very exciting times, though to be alive experiencing history!

7. Aug 15, 2017 at 2:59 PM
    Pastor Dave

I had two sr. does kindle with too many still births apiece. Definitely more than they've had before. It wasn't exceptionally hot, so not sure what's going on. They had a combined total of 16 and are down to 7 living kits. I guess it goes along with my theory on winter and summer breeding gambles. If I don't attempt it, won't get any. Usually if I lose 25-50% it occurs over the first two weeks and not just 2 days. So, it's anyone's guess what I will have left at end of two weeks. Not really looking for advice, just putting it out there so others experiencing similar will know it happens to all of us Rabbit Breeders.

8. Aug 15, 2017 at 3:04 PM
    Latestarter

Latestarter Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry Moderator

Sorry for the losses. Hope the rest survive to make it to freezer camp for you. The only up-side I see is you aren't feeding them for 2 weeks and then losing them. :idunno

Pastor Dave and mysunwolf like this.
  9. Aug 15, 2017 at 3:14 PM
    CntryBoy777

That's a tough blow....sorry to hear that.....there are many things beyond our control, so experienced or not things happen to us all.....:hugs

Pastor Dave likes this.
  10. Aug 15, 2017 at 7:29 PM
    Pastor Dave

Yep, less feed and less work at butcher time. :woot