Pastor Dave's Highlights

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Early start today. Back to school for Heath. Planning to breed a couple does today.
Lower left corner by wheelbarrow is Sugar.
Upper Right is Snowflake. She is bonded to Gilbert, the Charlie Lop to the left of her.
Casper is bottom row left along back wall. in middle of pic
20170206_182754.jpg

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
I figured out it is hard to name a bunch of NZW's without sounding racist.
We already have Snowflake, Sugar, Casper, and Sugar Cookie. The last one named is Sugar's daughter and took the place of a cull named Ms. Schippey Cookie.(Ollie named her)

I am gearing toward keeping(in previous pic) the Jr. buck on bottom row, right side along back wall as a sire. Casper to the left of him is his sire. To keep the name trend going, I thought I might name him Whitey but that is my brother in law's nickname. So I am considering going with Cracker.
Lol, just kidding. I need another white name that doesn't sound racist...

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
From wikipedia:
White is the source of more names for women in western countries than any other color. Names taken from white include Alba, Albine (Latin). Blandine, Blanche and Blanchette (French); Bianca (Italian); Jennifer (Celt); Genevieve, Candice (from Latin Candida); Fenela, Fiona and Finola (Irish); Gwendoline, Gwenael, Nol(g)wen (white woman) (Celt), Nives (Italian) and Zuria (Basque).

In addition many names come from white flowers: Camille, Daisy, Lily, Lili, Magnolie, Jasmine, Yasemine, Leila, Marguerite, Rosalba, and others.

Other names come from the white pearl; Pearl, Margarita (Latin), Margaret, Margarethe, Marga, Grete, Rita, Gitta, Marjorie, Margot.

Other shades of white include: Ghost, smoke, ivory, seashell, lace, cream, linen, eggshell, bone, vanilla, flax, ecru.

And the next time you're in a hardware store, go to the paint section and check out all the names for the shades of white (you could probably google that, too).

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is a lot of white synonyms.
My boys named most of our existing bunnies. Again, I am just kidding. The few blacks I have in my congregation would have laughed with me, but they know me more, and know I am not racist. I joke with everybody just in fun. With that said, I will steer my journal away from this topic. :duc

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
There are a few that came to mind that wasn't on your list there....Albino, Frosty, Snowman, Iceberg, Avalanch, and Drift. Also, if ya are processing them you can recycle the names.
So, what are the biggest fish ya have caught?

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
I remember bringing home the big white crappies out of Kentucky Lake in a 5 gallon bucket. Part of the year 50 in the bucket, but in summer at their biggest only 25 would fit in same bucket. Back in early 80's.

I have caught abt a 5lb Large Mouth, and once a blue catfish I think they're called with a head abt as wide as mine.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Maybe it was 2 buckets to get those totals. What I remember is that we trolled beds in TN from launching at Paris Landing and part of the year the larger crappies took up the same space as other times if the year when we got smaller ones.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
The crappie get fairly large in the nearby reservoir....I've caught 3-4lb slabs several times, and have seen bigger ones. I've caught 2 large-mouths that went 10-12lbs, and several 10-15lb catfish....biggest bream went 1.25-1.5lbs. They sure are a blast. In my later yrs, I have switched to lighter weight tackle and enjoy the fight. I have a jig pole rig on a 9' fly rod with a micro light under spin reel with 4lb test on it. I've caught a 4lb large-mouth on it and had to use the boat as the drag and it took 20min to get it to the boat...it was a Blast. I had a 4" plastic worm on it, and it felt like a Whale....:)

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got the two does bred today.
The doe to the right and the buck to the left seem to be bonded.

The doe in this pic is really letting the lop eared buck know she's interested.
20170403_093556.jpg

The gf doe next door seems to be interested too, or jealous. Not sure which.
She is on schedule to be bred next month to be bred same time as a Jr doe that's not quite ready yet, but will be 6mos. in May.