Pastor Dave's Highlights

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
20170408_121357.jpg

I got the two tractor tires for $75 apiece.
And, put 50lb weights on each back wheel with some stud extensions. Need a little touch-up paint soon.
I still plan to mount some weights to the front.
Considering a FEL. What do you think?

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yah, just kidding abt the FEL.
I would like to pull a small modified sickle mower that powers itself and just a few things. I do not want to tear it up. I got the tractor for free and so far have just put in under $300 in parts. That being said, I don't want it tore up.
Just curious what it can do with more weight and traction. o_O

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
20170409_160201.jpg

Prepped for some white touch-up paint on the weight.

20170409_160225.jpg

My neighbor does a lot of metal work and fabricating for his job, and he made these weights and bracket and I put them on.
He took the measurements yesterday and brought it all over a little bit ago. Real nice guy that hails from Kentucky originally. He and I have swapped work and helped each other on some things back and forth, and he won't let me pay him for any fabricated work. He says it's all just scrap anyway. I say that I will pay him something for his time, but he says it's just being good neighbors!

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
20170409_205242.jpg

I figured out I am not any better now at spray painting than I was 30 yrs ago painting a 10 speed.
But, at least it will prevent it from rusting further and make it match the front wheels.
Next step is taking off the weights and bracket and inadequately painting them too. ;)
The frame right behind where I mounted the bracket needs touched - up too.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looks like it works to me, too! As long as there is more on the tire rim&wt than on the overspray backing, ya did good. Just be thankful ya don't have to make a Livin' at it....:)

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Kinda reminds me of those folks who build a "bigfoot" out of a normal pickup truck :hide I'm sure the bigger more aggressive tractor tires will help with traction somewhat. The added weight should help overall, but as Cntryboy mentioned... are you sure the engine and tranny are up to it? I just bought mine and it's a 24 HP that weighs in at ~600 pounds... When I add my 300 pounds to it, that's almost 1/2 a ton :hit:( But it makes it hold the ground real well. I've climbed it up 45 degree slopes to mow and it never slipped despite wet conditions. It also handled 15 degree slopes going across but it was very uncomfortable (read scary!) for me as I was holding on for dear life and afraid I was going to depart from the downhill side and drag the tractor over on me. NOT a comfortable place to be. As for your painting skills... they seem more than adequate considering the medium they were being used on :thumbsup

You have some very healthy looking rabbits. :drool