Pastor Dave's Highlights

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Finishing up Lent this week with one Holy Week service on Thursday night. We call it a Maundy Thursday Service, and then the congregation can attend Good Friday Services at neighboring churches with family or friends.

We put on a pancake breakfast and Easter egg hunt on Saturday, and of course Services on Easter. Wishing everyone a good Holy Week and Easter celebration as we remember our Lord's sacrifice and Resurrection!

Oh, and does anyone need some Easter bunnies? ;)

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Last year, we had no real dinner plans for Easter Sunday. We had a get-together the day before with family, so we were on our own on Sunday. I mixed up my chicken casserole that takes an hour to bake.

I substituted chicken with rabbit l, kept heat at 300degs rather than 350, and put it in between Sunrise Service and Church Service. It was ready to go when we got home.

We invited over my church secretary that is an older single lady and ate Easter Bunny Casserole. It might become tradition, although we eat it at least once a month anyway!

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
20170409_160225.jpg

The frame at front end apparently gets painted or powder coated with the bracket for the deck already on it, or it rusted in behind it at some point.
20170412_111337.jpg

At any rate, the frame and bracket for the front weights were painted black, and looks much better than rust.

20170412_111356.jpg

20170412_111325.jpg

Ok, no more pics. Time to move on. Lol

Last edited:

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
It has went up some hills a lot better than before. Indiana is pretty flat in the mid section, but we gave some hills and ravines here.

Haven't tried pulling anything yet. One of the old farmers here thought it would spin out on something too heavy before messing up the tranny. Idk but I am not going to push it hard enough to mess up something.

Last edited:

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
We had a nice pancake breakfast and Easter egg hunt on the grounds today.
The eggs were scattered all over the playground. I said if you get out of the mown grass into the hay field, you won't be finding eggs. Hopefully someone took some pics I can post later. I imagine we had around 15 kids and a total of 40-50.
It was a good morning, and the kids got a short lesson on Easter eggs with new life coming forth.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have been raising a litter of NZW'S that has a "failure to thrives" bunny. As a former EMT, I understand the term, but I was told that with the bunnies it is a genetics thing that really isn't much can do to save the bunny.

It has happened before as well with the bunny dying abt a week or two before processing date. This time, I waited and saw the bunny getting weaker, but still eating and drinking. When it got too weak to eat or drink, I put it down on Friday. I also noted which dam and sire it came from. I didn't think to do that the earlier time it occurred. At least I have a friend that judges rabbit shows in different states, and has a lot of knowledge to pass on when I ask.