Pastor Dave's Highlights

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
We used to have ravioli out of the can when I was a kid. It still looks and tastes pretty similar, but I doctor it up nowadays.
We do the Salisbury HH and some instant Idahoan Red skinned potatoes. It reminds me of beef and noodles, but only takes abt 20 mins.
The Northern Chili was good last night. I have a good Southern Chili I make that if turned over, barely spills out. Lol
It is real good in football season in front of the TV. Barely no chance of mess like my chili soup could make.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
My Dad is battling Dementia at home with my Mom's constant care. He is 77 and she is 75. Yesterday he was admitted to the hospital for UTI which worsened over night to Sepsis. He spiked a high fever and went into the 80's on his Oxygen Sat%. His kidneys were shutting down, but the antibiotics he had been given by IV kept that from happening. He was given more antibiotics all day and when I saw him today, his temp was normal and he was more alert.

The first of the week, if he is strong enough, he will go to an ECF for some rehab. If you are a praying person, please send some up for Dad as well as Mom going through this change in their lives. The intention is that he will get strong enough to go back home, but I question if this is the beginning of his residency in a facility. I know Mom is thinking this too.

Thanks, Dave

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your dad and bless your mom for being there for him. Hope no permanent damage and a smooth and quick recovery. We're all getting older and thus, so are our (surviving) parents. Just think, before we know it, we'll be the topic of this discuss among our kids :old :confused::hit

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry to hear, but really Glad he is Better. My parents went thru some situations and she was concerned about many things. Our thoughts and Prayers will certainly be with all of ya for Strength, Comfort, and Wisdom.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am pretty proud of this girl. She pulled hair later than the doe I pair her up with on their breeding schedule. Which I could count on. The other doe is her dam.
20170506_105212.jpg

This senior doe is the junior doe in my avatar pic from Dec or Jan 2015/16.
She gave me 10 live births and had 1 stillborn. Can't give her all the credit. The buck did good too. Must have got to both uterine horns!

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
My Dad is battling Dementia at home with my Mom's constant care. He is 77 and she is 75. Yesterday he was admitted to the hospital for UTI which worsened over night to Sepsis. He spiked a high fever and went into the 80's on his Oxygen Sat%. His kidneys were shutting down, but the antibiotics he had been given by IV kept that from happening. He was given more antibiotics all day and when I saw him today, his temp was normal and he was more alert.

The first of the week, if he is strong enough, he will go to an ECF for some rehab. If you are a praying person, please send some up for Dad as well as Mom going through this change in their lives. The intention is that he will get strong enough to go back home, but I question if this is the beginning of his residency in a facility. I know Mom is thinking this too.

Thanks, Dave
I have been there, with my father in '06-07. It is.........difficult.
Prayers for your family.