Pastor Dave's Highlights

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
It is a difficult position to be in, and it does take some adjustments. I don't want to compound the difficulty for ya, but while ya are setting things up, be sure ya incorporate a "Plan B" in case something happens to you and your wife is expected to step in. We have had to do this with Dad, because we aren't getting any younger and my sister and mine health can't be counted on. Sure hope it all settles and works out for all of ya there.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yah, that's worth considering.
My folks were a little older when they got married. Still each on 1st marriage, haha.
Dad was 35 when I was born, and lots of times through school they were some of the older parents in my class, etc.

I have also put 35 yrs between myself and my first born, so I am thinking of how life goes having had almost the same dynamics with my folks. My boys already have cds set up to kick start their retirements someday, and we have a living Trust incorporated to help out with some unknowns. Mom and Dad have one too.

I live an hour South of my folks, but I have a younger sister that is single, still living within a few minutes of them. Not sure if that's Plan B, but if I can't be of assistance, she can have it. Lol

lcertuche

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
It's hard for so many with parents and children both needing care. Also many of us are raising grandchildren as well. I'm glad you and your sis have this time. It is a time I will never forget being with Daddy at the end of his life. He took care of me and then I got to take care of him.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have been staying at the hospital Dad is at with him and the family. He is in renal failure and they canceled his bed assignment at the nursing home. I guess with his infections he isn't a candidate for dialysis. He is on comfort measures now. We are just wanting him to know he's not alone, and there's measures in place for any pain he may experience. We've been blessed with him for 77 years, and he is the best man I know. He's not just strong in his Faith, he has always lived his Faith. Thanks for all the positive words and prayers.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
So sorry Dave. Though he isn't gone, condolences for what's to come.