Pastor Dave's Highlights

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Most on here have "seen" me by now, or I have shown up on your journal posts.
I have had to post pics or comments on others, that I thought I might as well begin something of my own.

I have enjoyed all your journals and plan to stay active, but from time to time want to share some stuff. Hope it's not too boring!

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
20170329_194021.jpg

This is my youngest Ollie. This is my "tractor" I acquired last summer. I took off the deck and anything that would limit clearance. It is getting modified more this week. It is 24hp now, but no weight or traction, so getting some improvements.

I'll put more pics later of my older son and wife.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Good to see you start a journal Pastor Dave. You've got a handsome young boy there and it appears he's already to help with the chores... at least if it involves driving ;):lol: Looking forward to reading your posts.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, a little abt us. I grew up on a farm, but didn't do much after Dad retired while I was in college. Dad grew up on a dairy and then decided to raise hogs when he and Mom bought their farm. He also had a rural mail route.

My wife grew up in town with a dad that is a mechanic, and a mom that works at a cheese factory owned by Kroger grocery chain.

My family had meat rabbits and a huge garden, and Jill went shopping.

Skip ahead to my and Jill's first house. We had a small garden in town, and after 7 years moved to another church in a good agricultural community.
Now we live on abt 6-8 acres in the parsonage with the church and parking lot taking up the front 2/3. We have a shed that we park the car in, tractor and wagon sit in, have a stack of abt 24 hay bales, and abt 10 cages and all the supplies. There is a decent sized playground for the whole community, and the back acre or so I have been given permission to grow hay. I have a decent ext. cab Siverado 4×4 for work that also fits the family for snowy driving. Works pretty well.

I have a conservation law enforcement degree from Vincennes Univ from 1995 and spent short time as a deputy marshal before back and couple surgeries put an end to it.
We have been at Hall, IN for 6 yrs now. Hall was birthplace for John Wooden, Purdue basketball standout and UCLA coaching great.

I enjoy fishing, hunting, and shooting. We just got off Spring Break, so we hit some Indianapolis attractions. Here is a pic of Jill, Heath, and Ollie at the Children's Museum.

Last edited:

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
It is a hard call. Began at Grandpa's farm pond mainly for catfish. Used to wade Sugar Creek for brownies. And, love bass fishing on a boat. Crappies are good in cold Spring water.
I would love to do some big game fishing out on the ocean if I ever get a chance to go somewhere coastal.
How abt you?

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I mainly fish for bream, bass (large or smallmouth), catfish and crappie. I can fly fish, but never caught a trout, just bream and bass. I caught some nice sized ones and some small ones. I've never been sea fishing...deep, shore, or dock. I have knocked ice off the top of the pond so I could scull the boat around....12' Jon boat, aluminum....those seats get pretty Chilly sitting on 30-40° water....I was much Younger then, too I tell ya....:)