Pastor Dave's Highlights

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeh, that does sound really good, may be "That Time" has come for ya, and ya don't realize it yet....ya are just getting a "Preview" of things to come....never know, worst that could happen is vet told No, but it never hurts to Ask....:)

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
I put in a couple nest boxes with 2 does last night. Today is Day# 29.
And, I have two pens with 12 that are ready to be processed. I have some orders for meat, and will be making more sausage this time around.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today I have one doe lining her nest on Day# 30.
The other doe usually doesn't get around to pulling any hair until right at kindle time.
20170503_094658.jpg

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
This here is what I grew up eating and calling chili. Knew no different or better.
When we lived in TN for a coupla years, a family friend we grew to know/love called it spaghetti. In school, I learned what Southern chili was. My mom began calling hers chili soup. Now as I have taken over making it, I call it Northern chili, or chili soup.
20170503_125813.jpg

I generally don't make it in May, but for the next few days we have a cold snap and it's good when it's cold out. We hit 40 degs last night, with counties to the North getting down in the mid-thirties.

Last edited:

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Guess I'd call that spaghetti soup... :hide:duc No offense meant. When we were kids and when my kids were very young we did the "chili mac" thing as well. spag sauce with fried hamburger/meat mixed with whatever noodles we had that weren't spaghetti noodles. Elbows worked as did shells or rotini... Then hamburger helper became the thing to do for quick "healthy" meals. Course we'd eat any of the above year round. Didn't require cooler temps for it to be the meal of choice. Still have boxes of H Helper in the pantry, even though it doesn't taste as good to me anymore and I don't really care for it as much as I once did. Not that I've got healthier or smarter... just older and changed tastes.

Latest posts